West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences is organising a training programme on applying competition law. The participation is on first cum first serve basis and the restriction is 30 participants only. It is a certificate course.
DATE : 14th- 17th August 2013
- Industry Participant
- Research Scholar
The objective of this Training is to sensitise the intending practitioners of competition law about the factors which may be taken into consideration by the CCI when dealing with allegations of violation of the Act, as also the factors which will be considered when determining the quantum of fine to be imposed. The Training course will draw upon decisions of the CCI and the Competition Appellate Tribunal.
Module 1: How to file information
Module 2: Anti-competition ‘agreement’ including cartels
Module 3: Abuse of dominance
Module 4: Merger control regulations
Module 5: Imposition of penalty
Module 6: Comprehensive Competition Compliance Programme
Module 7: Award of ‘compensation’ by COMPAT
- Reference / citations will be provided in advance, and the participants will be expected to prepare themselves so that the class-room session can be utilised to form a deeper appreciation of the legal principles involved, and the ratios of the case laws.
- The course will be taught through class lectures assisted by Power Point presentations of the salient points for easy recall.
- Each ‘module’ will be covered in about two / three class-room session(s) of one hour duration.
- The course is intended to be completed in 7 module and will be covered in 15 lectures.
- It is expected that the class room sessions will be interactive.
Payment Mode: Demand Draft (DD) / Electronic Transfer
1.Through Demand Draft: DD must be drawn in favour of WBNUJS UGC SAP Center a/c payable at
The Fees for Delegate per person is Rs. 5000/-(Rupees Five Thousand Only)
2.Through Electric Transfer:
Corporation Bank, NUJS Branch, Kolkata
IFSC Code: CORP0000663
Account No. CLSB/01/110016
Favouring: WBNUJS UGC SAP Center a/c
To participate, you are required to fill the registration form with the fees and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org/Fax : 033 23356272.
To download the registration form please visit: