RILEC 2017- Call For Entries
RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (RILEC-2017), the flagship essay writing competition of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University has been announced. The powers of trade and globalisation have largely changed the regime of laws and aided in the development process of dynamism. Such a scenario required non-conventional approach to dispute resolution and thus Arbitration came to be preferred in the international milieu. The increasing quantity of contractual relationships between institutions operating outside any specific national boundaries is one of the key factors in the growth of this facet of Arbitration. It is far from being settled and that’s where the dynamic beauty of arbitration lies. The more bodies, countries, institutions, etc. understand and apply arbitration, the more diverse and specific issues emerge. In recognition of the vast potential for academic research that the field of International Arbitration has, the Journal Committee of Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow has decided the theme for the 5th Edition of RMLNLU International Legal Essay Competition- International Arbitration Law.
• Shift towards East in International Arbitration
• Sanitizing Arbitral Awards- Transparency vs. Confidentiality
• Enforceability of Arbitral Award
• Appointment of Arbitrators
• Third-Party Funding in International Arbitration
• Arbitrability of Competition Law Issues.
Word Limit: 4000-4500 words (excluding footnotes).
Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
a. Font type and size for essay: Times New Roman | 12
b. Size for footnotes: 10
c. Line spacing for essay: 1.5
Uniform citation should be followed throughout the essay.
The file names must consist only of the authors’ names.
- Students pursuing a 3 year LL.B. course or 5 year integrated LL.B. course, in India and equivalent Undergraduate law degree, abroad.
- Students pursuing LL.M. or Ph.D.; and/or Professionals are barred from participation in the Competition.
1) The copyright for all entries shall vest with the organisers who herewith reserve the right to modify, postpone or defer the competition and its adjudication indefinitely as and when exigencies of an unforeseen nature may arise.
2) Any attempt, direct or indirect, to contact the panel of judges will be met with immediate disqualification of the relevant entry.
- Co-authorship of entries is strictly not allowed.
- Multiple entries for individual authors are not allowed.
- A participant may submit an entry related to ONE subtheme ONLY. One may not juxtapose subthemes in an entry.
The last date for submission of soft copies is August 10, 2017.
Winner- Rs. 15,000
First Runner up- Rs. 10,000
Second Runner up- Rs. 5,000
Certificates of Appreciation for the top 10 entries which get shortlisted.
Send submissions to email@example.com
Send queries to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: No prior registration is required.
Saurabh Mishra – (+91)-9453177082
Shrey Uttam- (+91)-9455868474
Shobhit Pratap Singh- (+91)-9956100210
NOTE: No registration is required.