CERTIFICATE COURSE IN SPACE LAW AND POLICY (CPD*)
This course explores the principles and foundations of space law and policy. The Certificate in Space Law and Policy is intended for professionals desiring a good understanding of national, European, and international space law and for students interested in broadening their education. It is a requirement for non-lawyers wishing to pursue a higher degree with ISPL.
WHY STUDY AT ISPL?
ISPL is the only UK institution focusing on space policy and law, and one of a handful worldwide. We provide the knowledge to assess and to work with the policies and regulatory framework in place, and to be prepared for future changes.
WHAT WILL THIS COURSE COVER?
An overview of space technology, policy and legal structures in place, and their impact on space activities.
The sources and structures of space law.
Specific subjects: uses and limits of space, the layers of local and international regulation, and jurisdiction.
- Licensing, finance, liability and aspects of space regulation.
- Access to space.
- Current issues affecting the sector and areas of concern, such as debris and interference.
- The space sector’s potential direction and development.
- Aspects of space policy.
SCHEDULE & TEACHING
The course will comprise two full-day sessions and one half-day session over four weeks, at our premises in central London. Provisional study sessions are:
|Monday 22||April 2013||9 – 12.30, 13.45 – 17.15|
|Monday 29||April 2013||9 – 12.30, 13.45 – 17.15|
|Monday 13||May 2013||9 – 12.30|
The course will be taught by ISPL Faculty members Nick Hughes (Partner and Holman Fenwick Willan), Kevin Madders (Managing Partner Systemics Network International), Neil Stevens (General Counsel Atrium Space Insurance Consortium), by ISPL’s Director, Sa’id Mosteshar, and by Consultant Christopher Johnson (Teaching Associate, Space Policy and Law Department, International Space University).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The Course is designed to be accessible to those with no policy or legal training, including technical and commercial executives and students.
It is particularly appropriate for those who currently work in the space sector, and wish to increase their knowledge of the current legal and policy framework, in order to take full advantage of the available opportunities and create new ones.
Those who will find the Course particularly valuable include:
- Law, business and technology students interested in the field.
- Insurance industry executives who want the tools to evaluate legal aspects of risk and liability.
- Satellite manufacturing or operation team members, seeking an understanding of legal criteria to be met in design, manufacture and provision of products and services.
- Those who plan and execute space operations. Managers and leaders who encounter legal and policy issues, and wish to better understand them and more proactively plan for future projects.
WHAT WILL PARTICIPANTS TAKE AWAY?
- A Certificate based on participation and contribution to discussions.
- CPD points for members of the Bar (to be confirmed) and for Solicitors under SRA.
- An exchange of ideas and information with participants from other fields.
- Meeting with the ISPL Director, for those considering pursuing a higher degree in the field.
|Government and Academics||£ 525
Apply by email to: [email protected]
Please type “Space Law Course” in the subject line, and give your name, position, and telephone number.
To download Brochure click here
For more information click here