About the Seminar
The primary objective of the seminar is to get suggestions from the experts and to send concrete proposals to the National Commission for Women and the Government of India to withdraw the declarations made to Art 5 (a) and 16 of CEDAW and to work out the efﬁcacy of India signing the Optional Protocol.
Moreover, these declarations are also not in consonance with the State’s own obligations towards its citizens under the Constitution of India.
The seminar will focus on the laws in existence, the international instruments, policies of the Government and more importantly challenges and obstacles peculiar to each State in implementing them. It will be a platform to reﬂect and offer suggestions to overcome the hurdles in the path of gender equality.
Academic experts in legal and social sciences, professionals from judicial, executive and legislative branches of governance, NGO’s and other stakeholders are invited to participate.
1. CEDAW and India
2. International instruments and women empowerment.
3. Sociological perspectives on gender discrimination.
4. Customary practices and traditions discriminating women-existing laws – lack of enforcement.
5. Gender discrimination in different Sectors – Agriculture, Industries, Fine Arts etc.,
6. Gender violence-National and International perspectives under Criminal Justice System.
7. Legislative enactments and executive policies for ensuring socio, economic, cultural and political rights for women.
8. Committees and Commissions on women empowerment.
9. Judiciary and gender justice.
10. Role of media & Social Networking sites.
11. NGO’s role and people’s participation.
Call for Papers
Well researched and documented papers will be allowed for presentation in the National Seminar. Abstract with key words and full paper containing full details about the author shall be sent to the the Director of the seminar to the mail address email@example.com by 15 July, 2014.
The full paper not exceeding ten pages shall be in MS Word, Times New Roman with 12 font size, space between lines (1.5). Selected papers will be published in an edited book with ISBN.
The registration fee may be paid through Demand Draft in favour of “Director of the Seminar” payable at Chennai and sent to the director of the seminar to the address given below on or th before 25 July, 2014.
Faculty Members, Delegates and Advocates: Rs. 300/-
Students / Research Scholars : Rs.150/-
1. Last date for sending Abstract along with Full Paper : 15 July, 2014
2. Last date for paying the Registration Fee : 25 July, 2014
3. Accommodation will be provided to the delegates based on request on or before: 25 July, 2014
Dr. K.S.Sarwani,Seminar Director & HOD
Dept of Humanities and Social Sciences, TNDALU
Mobile No: 9444054607
Email :- firstname.lastname@example.org
Dept of Labour &Administrative Law
Mobile : 9500171448
For full details click HERE
You must log in to post a comment.