On Thursday, The Goods and Services Tax(GST) Council approved the GST rates in India for 1211 items. The GST Council has decided that 1211 items on which 7% tax was imposed would be exempted, on which 14% was imposed would fall in the 5% slab, 17% in the 12%, 43% in the 18% and 19% in the 28%.
Here’s an overview of the rates of some of the items:
- There would be no tax imposed on items like fish, chicken, eggs, milk, butter, fresh fruits and vegetables, bread, prasad, jaggery, Cereals, etc
- 5% tax would be imposed on items like skimmed milk powder, frozen vegetables, coffee, tea, spices, etc.
- 12% tax would be imposed on items like butter, cheese, ghee, dry fruits in packaged form, tooth powder, agarbatti, umbrella, etc.
- 18% tax would be imposed on pasta, cornflakes, ice cream, instant food mixes, mineral water, tissues, envelopes, etc.
- 28% tax would be imposed on chewing gum, chocolate not containing cocoa, sunscreen, ceramic tiles, water heater, automobiles, etc
For more details on the GST Rates of 1211 items in India click here.
Source: Economic Times