2 Day Certificate Course On The Principles Of
Mediation And Negotiation For Law Students
23-24 AUGUST, 2017
Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies, Delhi
In today’s environment, the absence of effective negotiation is often the single largest contributor to disputes
and the lack of success. The Mediation TRAINING PROGRAMME focusses on effective communication and
negotiation, areas that are valuable for law students in boosting their profiles, especially if their aiming for a
career in consensual dispute resolution. The 2 day workshop will cover the following areas:
1. Introduction to Conflict: Nature & Responses
2. Communication Techniques and Tools
3. Real Life Negotiation Roleplay
4. What makes a Negotiation Successful ?
5. Mediation : Scope in India
6. Approach to a Conflict
7. Mediation 101: Basics and Mediator’s Role
8. Real Life Mediation Roleplay
9. Role of Lawyers and Mediation Models
10. Mediation Stages Review: Joint Sessions, Tactics when Stuck, Caucus Goals
The participants will be awarded certificates by the ‘Peacekeeping And Conflict Resolution Trust’ (PACT) and
the Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies (VIPS) and the same will be endorsed by the PACT
representatives and a faculty in-charge from VIPS.
The registration fees for the program is Rs. 900 per person. Interested individuals are required to fill out the
registration form for the event and deliver the same along with the registration fees.
1. You are required to provisionally register yourself by July 25, 2017 by sending a mail at
2. Payment can be made through a cheque or demand draft drawn in favour of “Vivekananda Institute of
Professional Studies Law School”, to be sent via post or by hand at the following correspondence
LATEST BY August 5, 2017.Please mention your name and institute on the backside of the cheque or
VIPS Mediation Training Programme
Vivekananda Law School
Vivekananda Institute Of Professional Studies, Pitampura
3. Payment can also be made by Cash (to be paid to the student coordinators for the event) LATEST BY
August 5, 2017.
4. The hard copy of registration form and Cheque / Demand Draft / Cash must reach the aforementioned
address by August 5, 2017. The receipt of the hard copies of registration form along with the payment to
the aforementioned address shall only confirm the participation in the workshop.
5. An acknowledgement of the receipt of required documents shall be mailed to registrants along with
respective Registration number.
The Mediation TRAINING PROGRAMME will be a 2 day workshop and will take place on 23 & 24 August
For any queries, contact:
For further details, click here.