About Summer School
The World has witnessed an unprecedented pandemic due to COVID-19. This is probably the first time that most of the countries around the world were forced to implement complete or partial lockdown for a shorter or longer period in order to prevent the spread of novel Coronavirus. Soon after the lockdown was implemented, several media houses reported the increased cases of violence against women and children. India has witnessed one of the biggest internal migration of workers from cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai etc. Countries hosting a large number of refugees have been facing a structural problem of governance in preventing COVID-19 in refugee camps. Moreover, the responsibility of international organisation such as the World Health Organisation and the United Nations have increased whereas former deals with global health and later with international law and politics. The global cooperation to fight this challenging time essential to maintain international peace and security and, therefore, the Security Council of the United Nations passed a resolution for an immediate global ceasefire. This first Virtual Summer Course, 2020 organised by Indian Society for Legal Research (ISRL) will endeavour to explore a range of issue on COVID-19 and International Legal System such as the responsibility of States, international trade, refugee crisis and migration problems. The responsibility of international organisations in helping third world countries etc. This summer course will also explore the global practices and how different States have been maintaining law and order and protecting the human rights of its people during the lockdown. All the issue will be discussed with reference to the current situation of the pandemic.
Theme: International Legal System in the Age of Pandemic
- Preventing Violence Against Women & Children: National and Global Perspective.
- International Migration and Refugee Law in Conflict Settings.
- State Responsibility during a pandemic.
- The legal value of decision making by WHO in the cases of a pandemic.
- The effect of the pandemic on the execution of the international administrative contract.
- Effect of COVID-19 on International Investment Law.
- Exploring the responses of the global north and global south to COVID-19 from TWAIL perspective.
- State response to the protection of human rights during a pandemic.
UG and PG students, researchers, academicians, and lawyers.
Two online lectures of 60 minutes daily followed by questions and answers. Submission of offline assignment by participants at the end of the programme.
US & PG Students: 999/- INR
Others: 1499/- INR
The registration link: Click Here
Payment of fee must be made only on receipt of confirmation Email from organizers.
Note: Limited Scholarships Available for Foreign Students.
- Certificate of Participation
- Reading materials on the topics discussed.
- Exposure to global faculties.
- Opportunity to publish on ISLR’s special blog series on this theme.
- Free Membership of ISLR.
Date: 17th August 2020 – 21 August 2020
Timing: 1100-1300 hrs IST.
The Last date of registration: 15th August 2020
Email: [email protected]