The Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy (IJLPP) [ISSN 2394-2657] is a peer reviewed bi-annual, law and public policy publication. The journal is a solemn effort to promote erudite discernment and academic scholarship over the contradictions which have given way for a continuing debate between the relationship of law and public policy. It seeks to create a platform where there is a flow of ideas and thoughts regarding issues mutually relating to law and public policy.
ABOUT THE ESSAY COMPETITION:
Dr. M. P. Jain National Essay Competition envisages to promote and develop the ability of students to ideate and formulate their perspectives coupled with the art of presenting their arguments via writing. The theme has been most carefully chosen which possess contemporary relevance and shall encourage participants to analyze and deliver potential solution to them.
ABOUT SHRI (Dr.) M. P. JAIN:
Dr. (Prof.) M. P. Jain was among the founders of modern legal education and research in contemporary India. He contributed immensely and enduringly to the life of law. He shaped, and sustained the culture of institutional innovation at the Banaras Hindu University and the Delhi University and also eminently serviced the formative moment of the Indian Law Institute, Delhi. A true scholar, Prof. Jain continued to contribute robustly to developments in the public law domain till the very last working day of his life.
ELIGIBILITY AND AUTHORSHIP:
• Undergraduate category: Students pursuing the three or five-years LL.B. course from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate.
• Postgraduate category: Students pursuing their LL.M. from any Law school/ college/ university affiliated in India are eligible to participate.
• Co-authorship: Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
• Only one submission shall be allowed per author and in case of co-author one submission shall be deemed to include both. In case of separate submissions by co-authors, it shall be taken as multiple submission which will be subject to rejection and disqualification thereof.
• The soft copy of essay must be emailed to administrators (one in MS Word. Doc/ docx format and one in PDF) at email@example.com latest by 20th July 2018.
• The subject of the e-mail must be “Essay Submission for Dr. M. P. Jain National Essay Competition, 2018.”
• The soft copy of the essay mustn’t contain name of the author(s) or any information which discloses author’s affiliation to any institution.
• A cover letter shall be attached containing following details – Name of author(s), University/Law School Name and its address, Topic of the essay, Contact details of authors (Email ID and Contact Number).
AUTHORS MUST STRICTLY FOLLOW THE GUIDELINES FAILING WHICH THEIR SUBMISSION MAY NOT BE CONSIDERED
The theme of the competition is OPEN (which means that the author(s) can write on any topic of their choice, for e.g.,: Contemporary or any legal issue).
DECLARATION OF RESULTS & AWARDS:
• The organizers shall endeavor to declare the result of the competition by 25th August 2018.
• The contributors shall be notified by an e-mail.
• Top 20 entries shall be provided certificate of merit.
• The awards shall be as:-
o The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the “Winner” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 2500/- and certificate of win.
o The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared as the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 1500/- and certificate of Runner Up.
o The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the “Winner” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 3000/- and certificate of win.
o The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared as the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 2000/- and certificate of Runner Up.
• Certificate of Participation will be issued to all the successful entries.
REGISTRATION FEE (INR)
Note: In case of co-authorship, each author has to register and submit the registration fee separately.
*The two categories will be judged and awarded differently.
- LAST DATE OF REGISTRATION: 20TH JULY, 2018
- LAST DATE FOR ESSAY SUBMISSION: 20TH JULY, 2018
- ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULT: 25TH AUGUST, 2018
You must log in to post a comment.