Common Law Admission Test is a centralised test for securing a seat in the 14 prestigious National Law Universities. NLUs are the IITs of legal education. The participating universities are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- National Academy of Legal Study and Research, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohia National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University Odhisha, Cuttack (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam, Guwahati (NLUJAA)
The first CLAT was organized by the National Law School, Bangalore in the year 2008. Since then, it has been organized by the participating law schools by rotation in the order of their establishment. This year it is being conducted by Gujarat National Law University.
It takes a bit of smartness, a pinch of logic and lots of hard work. If you think you have it in you, APPLY ONLINE by following the link given below.
Keep checking the CLAT section of LawLex for more updates and preparation techniques.