The Tamil Nadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University was established by the Government of Tamil Nadu by an Act of State Legislature. It was inaugurated by His Excellency Thiru K.R. Narayanan, President of India on September 20th 1997. The University started functioning from 03.10.1997.
The P.G Department of Environmental Law and Legal Order, TNDALU, Chennai has proposed to organize One Day National Seminar on “Marine Biodiversity Conservation and Law: Issues and Challenges” on 5th June, 2014 on the eve of World Environment Day with the following sub-themes:
SUB THEMES OF THE SEMINAR
• Marine Biodiversity Food Resources – Agriculture, Live stock and fish
• Marine Biodiversity – Marine Organisms and Biomedical research
• Coastal Zone Management, Ecosystems and Habitats
• Exploitation of Minerals and Energy Resources
• Marine Living Resources – Exploitation and Conservation
• Marine Pollution and Controls
• Marine Biodiversity and Marine Tourism
• Maritime Trade and Development
• Disposal of Waste and Absorption
• Sustainable fishery and aquaculture
• Marine Ecology and Oceanography
• Sea level rise – issues
• International Conventions on Biodiversity
• Seabed Authority
• Disasters and Loss of Marine Biodiversity
Call for papers
Well researched and documented papers will be permitted for presentation at the National Seminar. Abstract of the Paper (not exceeding 300 words) on identified sub-themes shall reach to [email protected] latest by 20th May, 2014.
The full paper (between 15 to 20 pages in MS Word typed in double space on A4 Size) shall be submitted to the Director of the Seminar on or before 30th May 2014 to this mail address: [email protected]
The registration fee may be paid through Demand Draft infavour of “Director of the Seminar” payable at Chennai and be sent to the director of the seminar. The registration fee may also be remitted through Bank Challan from any bank in any part of India to the State Bank of Travancore, Raja Annamalai Puram, Chennai.
The Bank Account details are as follows:
Banker’s Name : State Bank of Travancore
Name of the A/c Holder : Director of the Seminar
Branch Name : Raja Annamalai Puram (East) PB Branch
Savings Bank A/c No : 67146828690
IFS Code : SBTR0000688
Branch Code : 000688
MICR Code : 600009013
After remitting the fee to the account, the scanned copy of the challan may be sent to this email ID [email protected] for proof of payment of registration fee.
Faculty Members, Delegates and Advocates : Rs. 500/-
Students / Research Scholars : Rs.250/-
Last date for sending Abstract and paying the Registration Fee is 20th May, 2014
Last date for Sending Full Paper 30th May, 2014
Read Brochure here.