About the Journal
Journal of Legal Research and Justice promotes liberal outlook and endeavours to impart legal education in an inter-disciplinary manner. It believes in ethos that teaching becomes monotonous and mediocre unless accompanied with both theoretical and empirical research. Legal research is the process of finding the law that governs the activities in human society.
JLRJ is a promising peer reviewed, multidisciplinary and an open access journal. The journal would The journal is intended to be a forum to create an opportunity for researchers, academics, students and law professionals to come together, review their research findings, exchange ideas and discuss emerging trends and intersections of law around the globe.
The journal hopes to simultaneously work at two different levels– the conceptual and the empirical– usually seen as mutually exclusive. The Journal will offer thorough analyses on critical aspects of law and will attempt to keep the readers abreast with contemporary developments in the field.
The journal seeks to encourage rigorous inter-disciplinary research on diverse aspects of law and aims to investigate law and policy from social sciences and humanities perspectives. The Journal will adhere to an open-access policy in line with the Budapest Open Access Initiative.
The views expressed in the articles, comments and all other contributions in any other form to the Journal of Legal Research and Justice are those of the individual author(s) and do not depict the views of the Editorial Board of JLRJ. The author(s) by submitting any contribution towards the Journal of Legal Research and Justice agree to indemnify Journal of Legal Research and Justice from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
While there are no rigid thematic constraints, the article should be related to trending legal issues – national or international. The expectation is that the submitted article will provide informed perspective, critical thinking and new insight to the readers. We encourage submissions on a wide variety of topics, analysing policy decisions, proposing legislative reforms and promoting discussions in a diverse range of contemporary issues relevant to law. The writing should be innovative and must highlight one’s research.
The contribution shall be evaluated on the basis of originality, innovativeness, conceptual clarity and technical correctness. Authors shall solely be responsible for the accuracy of statements in the article.
The editorial board is very strict regarding plagiarism. The journal believes that taking the ideas and work of others without giving them credit is unfair and dishonest. Copying even one sentence from someone else’s manuscript, or even one of your own that has previously been published, without proper citation is considered plagiarism-use your own words instead. The editorial board retains the absolute authority to reject the review process of a submitted manuscript if it subject to minor or major plagiarism and even may cancel the publication upon the complaint of victim(s) of plagiarism.
The Journal invites original, unpublished content from all academicians, authors, legal professionals and from students across the country under the following categories:
- Short Articles: (3000-4500 words, including footnotes)
- Long Articles: (5000-7000 words, including footnotes)
- Book Reviews: (1200-3000 words, including footnotes)
- Case Comments: (1000-2500 words, including footnotes)
- Research Papers: (2000-6500 words, including footnotes)
Note: Abstract should be submitted separately ranging between 200-300 words.
Awards for the best submissions
The three best manuscripts will additionally be awarded with a Certificate of Excellence and a prize money of INR 3000/- each for their outstanding literary contribution towards the promotion of Academic research.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of two authors only.
- All the manuscripts will undergo peer review and the decision of the editors shall be final.
- Authors should not mention their name or any kind of identification mark in the manuscript. A separate cover letter regarding the information of the author shall be sent which should include- Name, Designation, Email, Contact Information, Address and a brief introduction of both the authors in case of co-authorship.
- The work must be original which must be written solely by the Author(s) in English, and should not have been submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Submission should also mandatorily include an abstract ranging from 200- 300 words. The abstracts should be submitted separately. The abstract should form part of the manuscript in the beginning. The Abstract should be followed by 5- 7 keywords.
- Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. Any paper found with plagiarism above 30% shall be immediately rejected.
- All submissions have to be made in MS Word format in Times New Roman with font size 12 and 1.5-line spacing.
- Footnoting should be done strictly according to 19th Bluebook edition. It is highly advised to add Footnotes only. Authors are advised to footnote the manuscript using the combination of” Ctrl + Alt+ F” keys or by using the Reference menu in the Microsoft Word, with font size 10, Times New Roman Font and 1.0-line spacing.
- It is the author’s responsibility to ensure that the references and citations are correct, and the submissions do not contain any material that infringes the copyright or is defamatory obscene or otherwise unlawful or litigious.
- It is very important to understand that the exclusive rights of the work given to the journal vests with the author until published by JLRJ.
- All manuscripts must be sent on s[email protected]
*Note: Only those manuscripts which are approved by the editorial board and are as per submission guidelines complying with the 19th Bluebook edition citation style shall be considered for publication.
All queries can be sent on [email protected] or by filling the Contact form available on our website.
For more details visit: https://jlrjhome.wordpress.com/