There are various issues in the society covering various aspects of it. These issues involve different social and legal aspects of it. We come across many literatures i.e. articles, policy papers, commentaries, documentaries, short films etc. touching these issues. Most impactful out of these all is visual representation of an issue. Impact of this lasts for long in our memory compared to other mediums. Looking at this, ProBono India launched a unique competition of making short film on Socio- Legal issues in year 2017. We received very good numbers of entries touching various contemporary issues in the society. Hope to receive wonderful piece of work in 2nd edition of the competition.
– Any person/organization/institutions etc. from India, foreign countries can participate in the competition.
– Film must cover Social and Legal aspects.
– Film must not be duration of more than 5 minutes.
– Film should carry originality i.e. contain on ground work. It should not be compilation of different clips from YouTube or any other sources.
– Film could be in any language. It must have English sub-title.
– Film should have not been submitted to anywhere.
– There should not be any copyright violation. Proper references to be cited at proper places.
– Film to be uploaded on YouTube with proper title and description of the film.
Film must not be uploaded anywhere i.e. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. or communicated to anybody until result is announced. Violation of this guideline will lead to disqualification of entry. YouTube link is more convenient than DVD/CD submission as it can be shared easily with judges/panelist across the country.
– YouTube link to be sent to [email protected] alongwith filled in registration form.
Judging the entries
– Entries will be judged by panel of judges from Filmmaking, Sociology, Public Policy, Legal Background.
– Filmmaking skills will be judged by Chitrapat Communication, Ahmedabad and its associates, group circle, film makers, experts in film making. Social aspects to be judged by experts from Sociology, Public Policy and Legal aspects by law professors, professionals, experts.
– Marking Pattern : – Social Aspects 35 Marks, Legal Aspects 35 Marks, Filmmaking Skill 30 Marks. These marks can be divided in further small part as per judges’ convenience.
– Certificates, Cash prizes & Mementos will be given to best three entries. First Rank Rs. 5,000, Second Rank Rs. 3,000 & Third Rank Rs. 2,000. In case of tie, entry will be sent to experts for further evaluation.
– All entries will be given an e-certificate of participation for submission.
Download Brochure here