We are pleased to inform you that Center for Banking Investment & Taxation in Collaboration with CLS-Cyberra Legal Services, Ahmadabad is organising GNLU Summer School Certificate on Cyber Laws and Security to be held from 20th to 30th June, 2013.
Objective of the Course:
- To facilitate understand & critical understanding Cyber Law
- Exploration of the legal and policy developments in various countries for cyber space
- To provide in depth knowledge of Information Technology Act and its rules
- Understanding Electronic Contracts, e-banking & Secure electronic records Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar, Gujarat Cyberra Legal Services (CLS)
- To teach about the regulation of cyber space at national and international levels
- To train candidate to take-up Cyber law as a career option
The programme will cover most critical and contemporary topics namely;
- Introduction to Cyber Laws and Scope
- Information Technology and Jurisprudence of Cyber Laws
- Cyber Space, Technology and Issues
- Regulating Cyber Space: International Perspective
- Regulating Cyber Space: National Perspective
- Regulating Cyber Space: Asian Perspective
- Electronic Contracts and EDI
- Cyber Jurisdiction
- IPR and Cyber Space
- Taxation Issues in Cyber Space
- Cyber Contraventions
- Cyber Crimes
- Dispute Settlement: Law and Practices
- Cyber Security: Primary and Secondary Legislations
- Cyber Security: Technical Sessions
- Group Discussions: Gray areas in IT Laws
20th to 30th June 2013
The said program is open for students of LL.B/LLM/CS/ICWA/CA/MBA BBA/BCA/MCA/M.sc (IT)/PGDCA/Engineering/Commerce Program in India or abroad.
Lectures (including video lectures), seminar and documentary. Each candidate will be required to undertake 250 pages additional self-study in advance prior to commencement of the course.
Each candidate will be provided with reading material consisting of research papers, articles, reports and case-law abstracts.
Faculty will consist of experts and practitioners in the respective domains, members of judiciary, bar, representatives of law firms, technical experts
- Tuition Fees: Rs. 10,000/-
- Accommodation and Food (if required): Rs. 3500/-
The entire fees for the program would have to be paid after the time of the confirmation of admission either in Cash or DD in favor of Gujarat National law University, Gandhinagar.
How to apply:
The application form can be downloaded from gnlu.ac.in or cyberralegalservices.com or write to Mr. Amit K Kashyap, Coordinator, Summer School Programs or Mrs. C. M. Thakker, Coordinator, CLS along with a Demand Draft of Rs. 150/- drawn in favor of Gujarat National Law University Gandhinagar.
Note: Candidate can also pay cash for registration in accounts section of GNLU & get prospectus & application form. Prospectus & application form can also be obtained from CLS Ahmadabad office as well
The last date for applying is 15th June, 2013.
Mr. Amit Kumar Kashyap
Asst. Professor of Law, Gujarat National Law University
Atalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor,
Koba-Gandhinagar – 382 028, Gujarat
Phone: +-91 8128650838
Email: [email protected]
Mrs. C M Thakker (Cyber Law Consultant)
Coordinator – Cyberra Legal Services
2nd Floor, Asha Complex,
Bh. Navrangpura Police Station,
Navrangpura, Ahmedabad – 380 009
Email: [email protected]