About MNLU MUMBAI
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai, an institution of national repute was established in the year 2014 for the development and advancement of legal education in the state of Maharashtra . In short span of four years it emerges as one of the premier institution of the national repute for the purposes of imparting specialized and systematic instruction, training and research in various branches of law. MNLU, Mumbai offers different courses like five year integrated B.A. LL.B.(H), One year LL.M. and Ph.D. programs.
Hon’ble Shri Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde, Judge, Supreme Court of India is the Chancellor of the University. Chief Justice of High Court of Bombay is the Pro-Chancellor of the University.
The object of the university is to impart quality legal education to the students with an idea to develop amongst them a deep sense of responsibility and legal acumen for serving the cause of needy people and the nation at large. In this process of disseminating the skill and knowledge of law and various legal processes the University organises various skill development programs like organising seminars, training programs, conferences and talks of various eminent scholars.
In this regard the Centre for Goods and Services Tax and Training, MNLU Mumbai, is organising a Two Days Training Program on GST in collaboration with Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (M.S.M.E.) which is recognised as one of the leading training program provider on GST in our country. This Training program on GST in collaboration with Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprise (MSME) is one of its kind and most reputed training program on GST.
ABOUT THE COURSE:
The Central Government has been taking various steps towards the implementation of the country’s most ambitious indirect tax reform of Goods and Services Tax from 1st July 1 2017. The following Act& Rules have been passed in the parliament:
- Central Goods & Services Tax Act
- Integrated Goods & Services Tax Act
- Union Territory Goods Services Tax Act
- Compensation to State Act
- Central Goods & Services Tax Rule
- Integrated Goods & Services Tax Rule
- Union Territory Goods & Services Tax Rule
With the implementation of GST in 2017, Ministry of MSME regularly organises training programs on it in different parts of the country. Centre for Goods and Services Tax and Training, MNLU Mumbai has decided to provide a platform to Ministry of MSME to impart the understanding & training on GST.
Ministry authorised trainers and experts on GST related matters would be the resource persons for conducting this training program.
The training programme aims at
- Understanding the benefits of the GST (Uniform Tax Regime) over the Multiple tax system.
- Understanding the GST structure
- Understanding operation of GST
- Enhancing the skills by discussing the various provisions of GST through focussed discussion in the form FAQs, case studies and case laws.
At the end of the training programme, the participants would
- Have better understanding of the law of GST & be an informed citizenry
- Understand the challenges faced by the Government in implementing the new law
- Have Certification by an Organization of Govt. of India.
- Qualify to attend Advanced Level Training on GST [to impart training to future tax practitioners, corporates & other forms of businesses like LLPs, Partnerships and self-employed] planned to be organized in collaboration with Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprise (MSME) in the 2nd Half of the year 2019 in MNLU Mumbai.
WHY SHOULD ONE TAKE GST PRACTITIONER ADVANCED TRAINING?
Goods and Services Tax has been implemented in India from 1st July 2017 and as on date there are various changes by way of Notification, Corrigendum, Circular/Order and Amendment etc. Further several decisions have been given by the State Advance Ruling, Appellate Authority and Tribunal etc dealing with better interpretation & understanding of law, in implementation of this tax.
Being a future professionals whether as a practitioner in tax or in businesses, one should update in respect of Rules, Procedure, Act etc. so that maximum benefit can be awarded to the Company/Client/Respective stakeholders.
The purpose of this course would be to develop skills from beginning to end in the respective areas of GST in order to make them practitioner of GST (whether personal or professional) with advance knowledge of law.
HIGHLIGHT OF THIS COURSE:
Certification by Ministry Of Micro, Small And Medium Scale Enterprise (MSME) – Technology Development Center, Government Of India Organisation
WHO CAN ATTEND
- Students pursing graduation (from any stream of study);
- Academicians and Research professionals;
- Representatives of Corporate Houses & other Businesses;
- OR Self-Employed persons/Future Entrepreneur
- EVEN a conscious CITIZEN or any Resident of INDIA.
The registration will be on first come first served basis. Limited seats available.
Registration Fees will include
- Certificate issued by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprise (MSME);
- Study Material Provided by Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Scale Enterprise (MSME);
- lunch and TEA between the Sessions.
*A/C & Non A/C Accommodation (chargeable) can be provided on request.
Beneficiary Name: Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai
Account Number: 915010046322292
Bank Name: Axis Bank
Branch: New Marine Lines (Mumbai)
IFSC Code: UTIB0000233
|EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION||LATE REGISTRATION|
|On or Before 5 May 2019||After 5 May 2019|
· MNLU Mumbai Students: Rs. 2,500/-
· Other Students: Rs. 3,000/-
|ALL STUDENTS: Rs. 4000/-
|OTHER THAN STUDENTS: Rs. 3,500/-||OTHER THAN STUDENTS: Rs. 5000/-|
TO REGISTER: Mail your name, affiliations specifying the category in which you have registered and Transaction ID at [email protected]
In case of Any other clarification, CONTACT:
Prof. (Dr.) Ashok Kumar Srivastava
Director, Centre for GST&Training, MNLU Mumbai
[email protected]; +919437408166
Dr. Kiran Rai
Head of Department, MNLU Mumbai
+91 9404425995 / [email protected]umumbai.edu.in
Member CGST Cell, MNLU Mumbai (Student Coordinator for the program)
Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai
2nd Floor, CETTM-MTNL Building,
Hiranandani Gardens, Powai