The World Trade Institute of the University of Bern, Switzerland and the Centre for WTO Studies, Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, India are pleased to announce the launch of the 5th WTI – CWS Joint Academy on International Trade Law and Policy (“Joint Academy”), from June 4– June 29, 2018 at New Delhi.
The Joint Academy aims to provide law students and legal professionals in India a rare opportunity to deepen their knowledge on aspects of International Trade Law and Policy.
Taught by distinguished academics and practitioners from India and abroad, the Joint Academy will equip participants with theoretical and practical insights into various issues relating to international trade law.
– ABOUT THE JOINT ACADEMY
|Date:||June 4 – June 29, 2018 (Four Weeks)|
|Modules:||Week 1 :||Introduction to the WTO and Basic Provisions of WTO; Agreement on Agriculture.|
|Week 2 :||Investment Law; Trade & Intellectual Property Rights.|
|Week 3 :||Agreement on Sanitary & Phyto-sanitary Measures; Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade; Trade in Services.|
|Week 4 :||The Law & Policy of Trade Remedies; and Select Current WTO Issues.|
– WHO CAN APPLY
- All law students enrolled in any legal course in India, either at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Preference will be given to students who have prior exposure to issues relating to International Trade Law.
- The Joint Academy is also open to Indian legal professionals. In addition, legal professionals can attend specific modules, in a flexible, “à la carte” manner. This option is not available for students.
- The maximum number of participants that will be selected for the Joint
- Selection of candidates is at the final discretion of the Centre.
– HOW TO APPLY
- Interested candidates are required to complete the Application Form for the Joint Academy, and send the same, along with their updated CV to jointacademy[at]iift.edu
- The application form in MS Word can be downloaded from here: http://wtocentre.iift.ac.in
Paper applications will not be accepted.
|For Law Students:||INR 10,000/- (For the whole duration of the Joint Academy)|
|For Legal Professionals:||INR 25,000/- (For the whole duration of the Joint Academy)INR 7,000/- per weekly module (For applicants applying for specific modules)|
Please note that the above fees do not cover other costs such as meals, housing or local transportation of the participants. Lunch and tea on days of classes will be provided at the venue by the CWS.
- FINANCIAL SCHOLARSHIP
With the objective of attracting the best participation from law schools, the CWS provides a refund of course fees for law students who meet the minimum attendance criteria and who meet the minimum pass percentage of 60% of all components of the Final Evaluation.
- IMPORTANT DATES
|Last date for submission of applications:||Friday, March 30, 2018|
|Communication of selection:||Friday, April 13, 2018|
|Last date for paying fees:||Wednesday, April 25, 2018|
|Last date for withdrawing application:||Friday, May 4, 2018|
|Commencement of Course:||Monday, June 4, 2018|
|Conclusion of Course:||Friday, June 29, 2018|