About UNESCAP :
The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific is the regional arm of the United Nations for the Asia-Pacific region, headquartered in Bangkok. With a membership of 62 Governments and a geographical scope that stretches from Turkey in the west to the Pacific island nation of Kiribati in the east, and from the Russian Federation in the north to New Zealand in the south, UNESCAP is the most comprehensive of the United Nations five regional commissions. It is also the largest United Nations body serving the Asia-Pacific region with over 600 staff.
The Internship Programme:
- UNESCAP provides opportunities for students who are enrolled in graduate programmes to undertake an internship with one of its diverse range of divisions and agencies, most of which are located at its Bangkok headquarters.
- The programme aims to expose the intern to the day-to-day work and special missions of UNESCAP, promote a better understanding of international problems, and to introduce the intern to the unique and multinational work environment of the UN organization.
- The programme will enhance the intern’s educational experience through practical work and/or research, along with providing the host division at UNESCAP with able assistance in various specialized professional fields.
How To Apply:
Interested graduate students who meet the Eligibility Criteria should submit their application through an online system: Careers portal, after reading the Job Openings of the Internship Programme. Please note the varied deadlines for submitting applications as indicated in each internship announcement, which is generally one and a half months prior to the start of the Programme.
- The internship programme is open to students who are enrolled in an advanced university degree (Master) or higher, or other graduate programme with specialization in an area which directly relates to ESCAP’s substantive work programme.
- The applicants who are pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages must have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree.
For more information, please the website of UNESCAP : http://www.unescap.org/jobs/internships/