Surana and Surana International Essay Writing Competition on Criminal Law is being organized by the Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL) of the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law.
The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
If any Student of the RGNUL is positioned amongst the top three, he/she will not be eligible for the top three prizes but will be felicitated in recognition of his/her performance with a special prize by the Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai at the valedictory function.
Theme for the Essay: Emerging Trends in Cyber Crime
Guidelines for Submission
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the competition)
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor it should be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay.
- Neither RGNUL nor Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Channai will be responsible for the act of plagiarism.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of essay.
- Registration form is to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution / University. (Available in download form on RGNUL website). In case of unavailability of the head of the institution any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card.
- In case of co-author separate Registration Form shall be sent for each.
- The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
- An abstract should not be more than 200 words inclusive of title and keywords.
- The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding footnotes ) .
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman.
- 1.5 intercellular space.
- A footer numbering pages as “page a of y” on right side of each page.
The participants should send the following the attachments via mail.
- Essay in MS Word format with subject “Essay Competition: Ad Idem 2014” – Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
- Submission must be mailed at [email protected]
First Prize – INR 25,000/- (KTS Tulsi Award)
Second Prize – INR 15,000/- (Surana Award)
Third Prize – INR 10,000/- (Surana Award)
The name of the winner will be displayed on the RGNUL website. Separate intimation will also be sent to each of the
winner. The winners will be given the prizes on the Prize distribution function, exact date and location of which to be
announced later. Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all the participants.
To avoid delay, scanned copy certificate will be emailed to all participants followed by its postal dispatch.
Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN No. The list of these selected papers will be displayed on the RGNUL website. Author(s) of the selected essay will be given a consolation prize of `1000/- each along with the certificate of publications (except the top three winners of the competition) .
- The administration of the contest for the purpose of determining the eligibility of a participant or essay, standard of essay, evaluation of essays and awarding of the prizes is within the sole and absolute discretion of Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL), RGNUL, Punjab, India.
- Centre for Advanced Studies in Criminal Law (CASCL), RGNUL assumes no responsibility for delayed or incomplete entries or technical malfunction of server, traffic congestion or a combination thereof.
- Certificates not collected in person during the prize distribution ceremony will be posted at the respective authors university address only. RGNUL takes no responsibility for postal delay or damage.
- The rights of submitted essays including rejected and disqualified submissions will vest with Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai and Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab.
Deadline for Submission: 20 August 2014
Declaration of Results: 22 September 2014
Read the Brochure HERE.
See the Poster at: http://rgnul.ac.in/surpos14.pdf