Department of political science, GOBI arts & science college, erode district, Tamil Nadu is organizing a national level seminar on strengthening participatory democracy and good governance. The sub-themes are provided below:
1. The best practices of participatory democracy across the world.
2. The lacunae in the existing representative democracy model.
3. The evolution of participatory democracy in India and its existing status.
4. The initiatives of the Government for implementing participatory democracy at various levels of the society.
5. The participatory democracy and good governance strengthen each other.
6. The role of the judiciary in promoting participatory democracy and good governance in India.
7. Innovative methods for implementing the principles of participatory democracy and good governance.
8. Changing party system in India’s democracy.
9. Participation, empowerment and grass-root democracy.
10. Democracy and governance.
11. Democracy and civil society.
These sub-themes are only the possible suggestive topics and the paper presenters can enjoy the liberty to include topics that fall within the parameters of the seminar theme.
Call for Papers
Papers on the above themes are invited from academicians, industry, professional bodies, NGOs, research scholars and students. Paper presenters must submit both hard and soft copies of the abstract not exceeding 300 words and the full paper not exceeding 10 pages with not more than two authors, typed in A4 sizepaper, Times New Roman font may please be sent to the seminar organizing secretary.
Dates to Remember:
Submission of Abstract : 10.09.14
Submission of Full Paper : 15.09.14
Find the official invitation HERE