ICFAI Law School, The ICFAI University, Dehradun, is pleased to announce a one day National Seminar on “REFORMS IN PERSONAL LAWS IN INDIA: PROBLEMS & PROSPECTS” on 08th April, 2017 (Saturday).
Call for Papers
ICFAI Law School invites Research Papers, Articles & Case Studies from Students, Academicians, Advocates, Research Scholars & all members of intellectual community to come for paper presentation & discussion which will take place during the seminar.
The sub themes/issues are as follows:
- Need for Reforms in Personal Laws in India: An Analysis.
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws is a matter of Legislative Policy.
- Authoritative sources behind Personal Laws in India and Role of Religion to control the Personal Laws.
- Challenging of Personal Laws under Part- III of the Constitution of India.
- Accountability of Secular State for violations caused by the operation of Personal Laws.
- Scope of re-writing the Personal Laws of a community for social reforms.
- Scope of Judicial Interpretation over the matter of Personal Laws based on religious scriptures in India.
- Whether for reforms, it is permissible to change the practices or acts done in pursuance of religion?
- Scope of Reforms in Personal Laws vis-a-vis religious communities in India.
- Scope of Introduction of Uniform Civil Code in India.
Above identified issues /sub themes are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main theme.
Participation / Registration Fees
Registration till 25th March, 2017
Rs. 500 for Students/ Research Scholars
Rs. 800 for Advocates/Academicians
Registration after 25th March, 2017
Rs. 600 for Students/ Research Scholars
Rs. 1000 for Advocates/Academicians
For detailed information a copy of brochure is attached herewith and for any queries please call: (+91) 8941827247, 7895545457 or 8755834111
Or mail us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or kindly visit this website.
Facebook Page is here.
Amarjeet Ranjan (8941827247)
Vishal Parashar (7895545457)
Tamana Kaushik (8755834111)