NALSAR University of Law, in collaboration with the British Deputy High Commission Hyderabad, is inviting submissions for a two-day seminar on the theme “Hate Speech and The Internet” on January 4 & 5, 2014.
The seminar seeks to explore emergent debates on free speech, anonymity and responsibility in the context of the democratising yet anarchic nature of the internet.
- Deadline for abstract submission: October 20, 2013
- Deadline for paper submission: December 15, 2013
- Seminar: January 4–5, 2014
1. Changing nature of hate speech: from traditional to social media
2. The value in unregulated internet
3. Marginalised communities and the experience of social media
4. Internet—a democratic space?
5. Social movements and radicalisation online
6. Responsibility and liability on the internet
Kindly send your abstracts to [email protected] by the said date.
Any queries can also be addressed to this ID.
For further details, Click here.