The Centre for Social Justice will be organizing a seminar, “Ensuring Land Rights for Vulnerable: Strategies and Lessons”, in New Delhi on August 20-21, 2014 (click HERE to view/download brochure). Venue of the seminar:Sadbhavna, Church Complex, Masihaghar, Near Escort Heart Specialist Hospital, New Delhi 11002.
For online registration, click HERE
Last Date for Registration: August 12, 2014
The event is an effort to provide a platform for practitioners to share their experiences on ensuring land rights for different vulnerable sections of society. It will focus on how different strategies have been used by people in their struggle to ensure land rights. It will identify challenges faced by various social movements in the process of ensuring that the Dalits, women and Muslims are able to access their land rights. It will draw upon lessons from practical experience of what works and what does not work in terms of strategies and practices. The event will have an expert to give a broad thematic over view followed by group discussion amongst participants to cull out experiential learning.
The event can be attended by advocates and activists practicing on the issue of land rights. All participants will be awarded a certificate of participation.
- The programme will commence at 9:30 am on 20th August, 2014. Participants are requested to reach the venue on the said time positively.
- Accommodation for participants will be provided on request during two days of the Event. Request for accommodation must be made in the
- A registration fees of Rs. 500 will be charged from the participants. Fees shall be accepted by way of cash or Demand Draft in the name of IDEAL CSJ, payable at Ahmedabad along with cover letter, including your full name and address.
- Candidate unable to pay fees can avail exemption by way of a written request. The same shall be considered by the organisation and will be informed.
- Participants will have to bear their own expenses towards travel.
- All participants must produce a valid identity card at the time of entry.
- Attendance during all two days of the event is compulsory.