Theme: DEATH PENALTY: CONTEMPORARY ISSUES
Aspects to be considered: Legal, Socio-Political and Psychological.
Guidelines for Submission
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the competition)
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Registration form to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the head of institution / University. (Available in downloaded form on RGNULsite)
Length of the essay
The submission shall consist of an abstract, essay and bibliography.
An abstract should not be more than 200 words mentioning title and keywords must be attached.
The essay should not be more than 2000 words (excluding footnotes).
Footnotes must conform to authoritative standard rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate to allow a reasonable reader to identify and locate the authority in a publication of general circulation.
- Font size shall be 12 points in Times New Roman.
- 1.5 intercellular space.
- A footer numbering pages as “page a of y” on right side of each page.
The participant should send three attachments in mail Essay in MS Word format with subject “Essay Competition: Ad Idem 2013” –
- Name of Author(s)
- Registration form
- Cover page containing name of participant, Nationality, address, e-mail-id, contact number and name of college/university with address and class.
Submission must be mailed at [email protected]
First Prize – INR 25,000/- (KTS Tulsi Award)
Second Prize – INR 15,000/- (Surana Award)
Third Prize – INR 10,000/- (Surana Award)
- The top ranked five winners will be awarded with internships at Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai.
- Top five winners may forward their CV to [email protected] within two weeks from the announcement of results or before one week of the prize distribution ceremony whichever is earlier.
Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN No. The list of these selected papers will be displayed on the RGNUL Website.
Author of the selected essay will be given a consolation prize of `1000/- each (except the winners of the competition).
Information courtesy: Lawctopus.