About the programme:
The Law Commission of India provides opportunities by holding Summer (May/June) Winter (November/December) Voluntary Internship Programme.
The Programme is open for students pursuing studies in Law from recognized Colleges/Law Schools/Universities in India.
Guidelines of the programme:
1. Duration of internship will be 4 Weeks ordinarily.
2. The Law Commission pays no remuneration/expenses.
3. The interested law students pursuing studies (2nd and 3rd year of three-year and 3rd to 5th year of five-year law degree course only) at any recognized College/Law School/University may send their applications in the enclosed format by 1st April (in case of Summer programme) and by 1st October (in case of Winter programme).
4. These applications may be sent either by post/courier or by hand to reach the Office of the Law Commission, 14th Floor, Hindustan Times House, Kasturba Gandhi Marg, New Delhi – 110 001. The delivery by hand should be given to the Secretary of Law Commission. Application received after the cut off date shall not be considered and no correspondence will be entertained in this regard. Incomplete application will not be entertained.
5. All these applications will be scrutinized and the actual offer will be sent to the selected students subject to the availability of slot and approval of the Competent Authority. Maximum number of slots to be offered to these students shall not ordinarily exceed five at any point of time.
6. The students will have to produce a recommendation/no-objection letter from their Director or Head of Department, after receiving intimation from this office.
7. Interns will be required to present a research paper on a selected topic at the end of their study and also undergo other studies assigned and prepare notes on it and submit to the concerned officer for evaluation and suggestions, if any, by the Commission.
8. A certificate will be issued to the Intern at the end of her/his internship after evaluation of the research paper or assessment of the work done.
- Interested students can refer the format of application from the website: http://lawcommissionofindia.nic.in/internship.htm