Date: 29th November 2014
Organized by: FACULTY OF LAW, SGT UNIVERSITY
The object of this seminar is to identify and deliberate on:
1. The challenges and legal issues involved in medical negligence cases and potential solutions;
2. Processes and procedures to balance the interest of patients and doctors
THEMES OF THE SEMINAR
The seminar would focus on a range of subjects related to Medical negligence
1. Medical Negligence cases in India – Adequacy of law, legal issues involved, response of judiciary and possible solutions
2. Role of media – whether it helps in bringing out medical negligence cases and create awareness among people or evokes undue fear among people by creating unnecessary hype
3.Reasons for increase in medical negligence cases and possible solutions
4. Need for safeguards for Medical professionals from frivolous medical negligence proceedings
Research papers are invited from scholars, researchers, practitioners, academicians and students on issues related to above themes. Author of selected papers would be given an opportunity to present their paper on the day of seminar.
Deadline of Abstract Submission: 7th November, 2014
Notification of Acceptance: 10th November, 2014
Deadline of Full Paper Submission: 21st November, 2014
Seminar Date: 29th November, 2014
Rs.500 for each participant to be paid in cash on the day of seminar during Registration. All participants who register at the time allotted will be provided with a certificate of participation.
Participants may be provided with free accommodation at the University Hostel on request received on or before 10th of November 2014.
For further details click here
Visit the website here