NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION
The Law Society at the Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University is a student body at the Faculty of Law. It is presided over by the Dean of the Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh. The Society is committed to promoting the growth of the students in both academic and cultural fields. It provides a platform for the students to polish their skills in Mooting, Legal Research, Legal Writing, Debating, participating in quiz competitions, etc. It also provides an environment for constructive recreation of the students by organizing fests, reading clubs, etc.
The endeavor is to instill in law students an excellent expression of thought on paper and to provide them a space for growth, improvement, and better learning.
“THE UNIFORM CIVIL CODE: A BOON OR BANE FOR WOMEN’S RIGHTS IN INDIA.”
The competition is open to the students who are currently pursuing graduation or post-graduation in bonafide Universities.
- The essays must be sent by email to [email protected] with the subject line ‘UCC Essay- Author’s Name’.
- The essays must be submitted in English only.
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Only sole authorship is allowed.
- The body of the e-mail must specify:
- Name of the Author
- College/ University enrolled in
- E-mail address & Contact No. of the Author
- The word limit for the essay is 1,500 to 2,000 words, not including footnotes.
- The essays should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, and Line Spacing 1.5, justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, and Line Spacing 1. The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The essay must be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format. The file must be named with the Author’s Name.
- The essay must be free from all grammatical and spelling errors.
Sending the essay to the given email will count as registration. No registration fees are applicable.
LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION
APRIL 11TH, 2021, 11:59PM
- Dean, Faculty of Law, And President, Law Society
Prof. (Dr.) M. Shakeel Ahmed Samdani
- Secretary: Ayesha Nasir Alavi
- Joint Secretary: Khadijatul Kubra