“Institutional Ethics Review Board (IERB) – JNU announces its first “National Convention on Ethics in Research on Human Subjects: Problems in implementing international norms and guidelines in Indian context”
DATE & VENUE: On 30th – 31st July 2013, at Convention Centre, JNU, New Delhi.
THEMES: This conference in JNU will take up these issues in paper presentations and panel discussions as well.
Papers/ presentations/ posters are invited on any of the following areas of concern:
Protecting the participants in Human Research
Respect for Individuality and Identity, Autonomy
Voluntariness and ICF‐ what is an ethical ideal?
Subjectivity in our perception of an ethical ideal
Assessment of Risk and Benefit
Policy Process and Policy framework,
Is there law for universal application?
Capacity to exercise voluntariness
Vulnerability issues in India studies
National and International norms and rules for working with
Tribals and people from EWS/ backward areas
Illiterate/ semi educated people
Medically unfit population those with psychological / mental / cognitive disorders or those in a vegetative state
- Confidentiality issues
- Compensation / Incentives/ Reimbursement/ Insurance issues
- Legal issues arising out of research
- Institutional Responsibility
- Awareness / education issues and preparing the future researcher for ethical research
- India specific case studies
- Students Research Norms/ SOP’s
- Faculty Research Projects
- India Specific Norms
- Setting the standards, accreditation standards
- Norms for multidisciplinary, multi institutional research
- Training IERB members
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION: No specific date is provided. Due to shortage of time, participants are requested to submit their abstract at the earliest.
- The title of your presentation,
- a brief abstract in about 250 words,
- your affiliation
may be sent to [email protected]
ACCOMODATION: Participants coming from outside Delhi will be provided accommodation in the JNU guest house on the first cum first served basis, where you will have to pay for your boarding and lodging.
For more info visit here