- ABOUT US
NLUJAA is a premier institute of legal education set up in the year 2011 by an Act of the State Legislature. Ever since its inception, the University has endeavored towards achieving higher standards of legal education and has focused on inculcating practical argumentative skills amongst students.
With a view to foster research in different avenues of law and to encourage analysis pertaining to the practical implications of law, the University has started to organize various academic events, including a moot court competition – Dr. Gurjeet Singh Memorial National Moot Court Competition (GSMNMCC).
The moot is named after our beloved Founder- Vice Chancellor, Late Prof (Dr.) Gurjeet Singh who left for his heavenly abode on the 1st of April, 2017, out of indebtedness for his contribution and to symbolically immortalize his legacy in the annals of National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
Preparations are underway for another stellar edition of GSMNMCC, and the Organizing Committee endeavors to achieve higher standards with respect to every aspect of the competition. Keeping in mind our objective of providing a platform to young minds to explore these niche areas of law, we cordially invite your institution to be a part of this experience and participate in the 2nd edition of GSMNMCC!
UNICEF has joined as the Title Sponsor for the 2nd Dr. Gurjeet Singh Memorial National Moot Court Competition-2018
- Details of the Competition
- Where: National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Hajo Road, Amingaon, Guwahati- 781031
- When: 20th- 22nd April 2018
- Last date of Registration: Soft Copy: 31st March 2018, Hard Copy: 31st March 2018
- Registration fee: Rs. 3500 (including accommodation and food)
- Winner of the Competition: Rs. 30,000 and Trophy
- Runner Up: Rs. 20,000 and Trophy
- Best Memorandum: Rs. 5000 and Trophy
- Best Student Counsel (Prelims): Rs. 5000 and Trophy
- Best Researcher: Rs. 5000 and trophy
- Best Student Adjudicator: Rs. 5000 and Trophy
- Second Best Student Adjudicator: Rs. 3000 and trophy
- Contact: National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam, Hajo Road, Amingaon, Kamrup (R) Guwahati- 781031, Assam, E-mail: [email protected], [email protected]
- Ms. Gitanjali Ghosh, Faculty Convener, Email: [email protected]
- Mr. Krishna Kant Jain, Convener, Ph: +91-9479467355, +91-8319966843, Email: [email protected]
- Mr. Utkarsh Roy (Registration), Ph: +91-9706302063, Email: [email protected]
- Ms. Nuzhat Nasreen Islam (Registration), Ph: +91-7002585592, +91-7399328455, Email: [email protected]
- Ms. Gargi Dhang (Public Relations), Ph: +91-8981395685, +91-8638828850, Email: [email protected]
- Mr. Saharsh Dubey, Ph: +91-7800293758, +91-7007996217, Email: [email protected]