NIKE,INC is offering job in legal and government affairs.By being hired into one of the Legal and Government Affairs jobs at Nike, you’ll be a key member of the Nike team. Professionals in Legal and Government Affairs careers coming from a variety of backgrounds, bring in an assortment of knowledge and skills to every area of our business.
- IP Litigation Assistant General Counsel/Assistant General Counsel — IP
- Global Records Manager
JOB LOCATION : Portugal , Oregaon
- IP Litigation Assistant General Counsel/ Assistant General Counsel-IP:-
- As a Assistant General Counsel – IP Litigation, you’ll have to manage both offensive and defensive IP litigation matters, including patent, trademark, trade secret, unfair competition and copyright claims.
- You’ll be responsible for formulating and driving strategy, including actively managing outside counsel, working with expert and internal witnesses, facilitating discovery, and establishing and managing budgets.
- You’ll enforce Nike’s intellectual property against infringers globally, analyzing the merits of potential claims and relevant business considerations and recommending to Nike business units whether and how to proceed with potential claims.
- You’ll advise on potential trademark and/or IP licensing issues, including issues dealing with 3rd party engagements. In addition, you’ll educate relevant business groups and senior leadership on intellectual property related matters, including topics such as acquisition, claim avoidance and general risk mitigation.
- This position serves as an advisor and counselor on IP issues to the business.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with technology and business personnel at all levels.
- The position is for someone interested in being very involved and deeply engaged with the business and who desires working in a high energy environment.
- You must have strong interpersonal skills – you must be an excellent communicator, a good listener, comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- You should have a global perspective and desire to be part of a global team.
- A Juris Doctorate degree
- Minimum 6-8+ years of experience within a law firm or corporate legal department, with primary emphasis on patent and intellectual property litigation.
- Extensive experience with litigation, especially including hands-on trial work
Seasoned communication skills-able to influence at a variety of levels and across functions in a complex matrix organization.
- Knowledge of invention process, state-of-the-art technologies in technologies relevant to Nike and its Affiliates’ business.
- Ability to analyze both design and utility patent invalidity and noninfringement issues in response to claims of infringement brought against Nike, recommend responsive action, and execute on strategy.
- Ability to analyze trademark protectability and noninfringement issues in response to claims of infringement brought against Nike, recommend responsive action, and execute on strategy.
- Ability and experience working closely and collaboratively with worldwide counterparts in developing case strategies and in performing technical analysis, especially in Asia markets.
- Ability and experience in all aspects of IP due diligence, including analyzing IP portfolios, negotiating license and/or settlement agreements and various forms of technology collaboration agreements.
- Must have business deal-making and negotiation acumen.
- Membership of Patent Bar is a plus
2. Global Records Manager:-
- As the Global Records Manager you are expected to :
Manage the handling, storage, and preservation of NIKE Inc’s information, data and records on a global basis, ensuring compliance with policies, laws, regulations, rules and regulatory requirements.
- Establish a Records Management Steering Committee to ensure the effective implementation and management of the global Records Management Program.
Plan and develop strategies for dealing with evolving long-term global records management needs.
- Establish and ensure compliance of guidelines, procedures, and standards for NIKE, Inc. globally , remaining alert to the needs of the business to avoid disruption and at all times comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate Program status and objectives to the business at all levels, often executives
Consult on technology solutions for email archiving, e-discovery, legal holds, and records management software.
- Develop and utilize manual and automated systems to maintain and integrated global records management program.
Contribute to the comprehensive and aligned strategic and tactical NIKE Tech plans as it pertains to Records Management.
- Develop the Legal requirements for technology solutions that support the global Records Management Program.
Production, training and compliance –
- Facilitate awareness, understanding, and adherence by employees to the Program through education and training.
- Develop training strategies and materials to support the Program goals and objectives.
- Implement training programs and support the training strategy.
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of the program, and ensure continuous improvements.
- Conduct periodic evaluations of the records management practices to ensure compliance with the Program.
- Ensure the retention schedule is compliant with global regulatory changes.
- Define and develop risk mitigation strategies as it pertains to records management.
Legal and Litigation Support.
- Provide consulting as necessary to inside and outside counsel concerning NIKE’s Records Management Program.
- Provide testimony as necessary concerning NIKE’s Records Management Program.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated ability to implement a records management program on a global basis.
- Team player, must work quickly and independently, yet maintain the team environment.Strong communication skills including presentation abilities.
- Ability to create and communicate a compelling vision.
- Ability to identify effective solutions and collaborate with others to deliver results, even with ambiguity.
- Proven experience in project management and transition management, including the ability to coordinate large scale projects. Expert critical thinking and problem solving skill set.
- A certification of Master of Archives and Records Management (MARA), Masters of Science and Information (Archives and Records Management), Certified Records Manager (CRM).
- Extensive background in automated records management systems.
- 10 years of Records Management experience
To apply click on the links below: