IDIA is looking for a visionary and creative CEO to lead its operations and take it to the next phase of growth. If you are that person, please apply immediately.
IDIA is registered as a Charitable Trust, and aims to empower underprivileged communities through legal education. For more details on IDIA, see our website: www.idialaw.com.
Operations and Management
1. You will be in charge of overall operations and management of IDIA. You are expected to devise a long- term creative strategy to help propel IDIA to the next level of growth.
2. Foster active and broad participation by volunteers in all areas of the organization’s work. Promote a collaborative network across India to drive IDIA’s mission forward.
3. Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with national, state and local rules and regulations.
4. Ensure that the Board of Trustees is kept fully informed on all major policy decisions.
5. Jointly, with the Trustees and/or other designated officers, conduct official correspondence of the organization, and execute legal documents.
1. Provide leadership in developing new ideas, programmes, partnerships, initiatives, fund raising programs and collaborations for IDIA.
2. Widen the reach and impact of IDIA and to scale up in a sustainable manner.
3. Create greater awareness around IDIA, its activities, programs and goals
4. Take initiative to recruit employees, staff and volunteers. Ensure that job descriptions are developed, regular performance evaluations are held, and that sound human resource practices are put in place.
1. Initiate various fund raising programmes for IDIA to make it more sustainable in the future
2. Provide organizational and financial plans to the Board from time to time. Work with the board in preparing a budget.
3. Develop and maintain sound financial practices.
Qualifications: WThe person could be from any background, though a law background might be helpful. Also the person should have at least 7-10 years work experience , though this could be waived in select cases of highly meritorious candidates.
Salary: Will be commensurate with skills and experience and will be on par with similar positions in the non profit sector
Reporting: The CEO will report to the Board of Trustees.
Location: Location could be anywhere in India. But would be ideal if person could be in Delhi or in Bangalore.
How to apply: Send your CV to the Managing Trustee, [email protected] along with a short statement (not more than 2500 words) on why you are the best fit for this job.
The IDIA (Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education) project is a pan India movement to train underprivileged students and help transform them to leading lawyers and community advocates. IDIA is premised on the notion that access to premier legal education empowers marginalized communities and helps them help themselves.
The project is run on the backbone of highly passionate student volunteers from various law schools, who travel across the length and breadth of India to identify marginalised students with aptitude for the study of law. It then trains these selected students through a rigorous program for the leading law entrance examination, CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) and AILET (All India Law Entrance Test).
Once selected to the top law schools, IDIA arranges for sponsorships/scholarships and mentorship schemes to help candidates blossom to their full potential and take their rightful places as leading lawyers and community advocates
In the last three years, 42 students trained by IDIA procured admission to the leading National Law Universities (NLUs) in India. They reflect a truly diverse mix, comprising candidates from various backgrounds (children of farmers, stone quarry workers, shopkeepers and clerks) and hailing from various states such as Karnataka, West Bengal, Jharkand, Rajasthan, Bihar, Manipur and Mizoram.
Further details available on the IDIA website www.idialaw.com and in this short video: <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GrsUbILfUA>