Dear Legal Fraternity,
Lawlex invites you to write Case Summaries of various landmark judgments. The aim is to help the law student fraternity get acquainted with a number of cases and make a decision on what to study in detail and what can be studied summarily. We, by no means, are diminishing the importance of studying the original judgments, which no doubt are the best means to study a case properly. However, want the students’ to effectively manage and utilize their time by making a considerate decision.
Best entries will receive a certificate of appreciation.
Guidelines for Writing Case Summaries:
- Mention the proper case title and the citation.
- Name of the Court, Name of the judges and the Parties.
- Brief facts
- Important arguments (from both parties)
- Present Status of the Judgment (whether still applicable or over-ruled)
- Conclusion if any
- Similar cases worth reading
- Use hyperlinks where applicable
- You can add a powerpoint presentation along with the summary
To contribute, send an email to [email protected] with the subject, “Case Summary Competition ( the title of the case) for participation or use the subject line, “Case Summary Publication ( the title of the case)”.
Font: Times New Roman
Font Size: 12
Margin: Normal/ 1 inch
Though there is no deadline for submitting case summaries for publication.
Don’t forget to share this info with your close friends.