The United Nations Office of Legal Affairs (OLA) offers an internship programme to individuals.
Admission to the OLA internship programme is highly competitive.
However,the U.N. will not be providing with any financial assistance or remuneration to interns.
Duration: 2 months (minimum)
- Interns are to undertake tasks in connection with the ongoing projects under the supervision of a legal officer of the respective Section/Division of the Office of Legal Affairs.
- In determining the area and substance of the intern’s work, due consideration is given to the nature of the projects currently being undertaken and of the purpose of the internship as expressed by the sponsoring institution or the intern.
- First level university degree, either in law or in another subject.
- Completed at least one year of a university degree course in law.
- Students have to be enrolled in a graduate, PhD or 5th year of a degree programme during the entire duration of the internship.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Working knowledge of other UN languages (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) are welcome.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet research).
- Familiarity with HTML and electronic document management will be an asset.
Procedural requirements-please visit the United Nations Internship website
- United Nations Internship Programme Administrative Instruction ST/AI/2000/9
- Administrative Instruction amending the above Administrative Instruction ST/AI/2005/11
For more information, please visit Inspira, the UN careers website at http://careers.un.org
Subscribe to Latest Posts !