About National Institute of Disaster Management : – The National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) was constituted under an Act of Parliament with a vision to play the role of a premier institute for capacity development in India. Both as a national Centre and then as the national Institute, NIDM has performed a crucial role in bringing disaster risk reduction to the forefront of the national agenda.
About the internship: –
1. The interns would be attached with different divisions of the NIDM keeping in view the areas of interest expressed by the candidates and as per the preference of that division.
2. The interns could also be attached with Professors/Associate Professors/Consultants /Assistant Professors of the NIDM on individual basis depending on their field of activity and work assigned. The concerned faculty member shall be responsible for the supervision of the work assigned to the individual interns.
3. Interns shall submit their detailed work plan which would be approved with such modifications as may be considered necessary before they are admitted.
4. Interns will be provided the opportunity to attend/facilitate the training programmes, workshops, conferences and seminars conducted during the period of internship.
5. The interns will be required to present an internship report to NIDM at the end of the internship.
Who can apply: – Students pursuing graduation/post graduation degree or diploma courses from recognized colleges, universities, training and professionals institutions etc. are invited to apply.
Location: – New Delhi
Duration: – 4-8 weeks (maximum 2 months)
Stipend: – Rs. 10,000 per month.
How to apply: – Click here
Postal address:- Executive Director, National Institute of Disaster Management, Ministry of Home Affairs, IIPA Campus, IP Estate New Delhi 110002.
All the best !!