Transparency International (TI) – It is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 100 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. The Legal Counsel provides legal advice to TI-S management and staff, as well as to TI National Chapters worldwide. The Legal Affairs Unit works with international networks of pro bono lawyers and law firms. It develops and implements policies, procedures, legal tools, and training programsto strengthen TI’s legal infrastructure.
Main function: Support to the small team of the Legal Affairs Unit
Starting date: 15 August 2013
Duration: Six months, full time
Unit: Legal Affairs
Remuneration: EUR 450 (according to the German labour and social
Location: Berlin, Germany
- Support to Legal Counsel with providing legal assistance to TI staff and the
- Support in working with the web-based Legal Helpdesk, and the Legal Case
- Drafting of the Unit’s plans, reports, presentations, training materials, and
- Carrying out research on variety of legal issues;
- General administrative and logistical support.
- Must be a recent graduate with a master of law with Fluent written and spoken English, very good German an asset;
- Strong interest in international legal affairs and anti-corruption work with Prior experience with national or international NGOs an asset;
- Good internet skills and experience with the operational use of databases with Strong research capacities. Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and Power Point.
How to apply
To apply for this internship please send a maximum one page cover letter outlining your motivation for undertaking an internship, and a maximum two page CV, preferably by email, to [email protected]
Closing date for applications –21 July 2013.
For the URL, click here.