University of Mumbai,Department of Civics and Politics
The auditorium of the Department of Civics and Politics, Pherozeshah Mehta Bhavan and Research Centre, Vidyanagari Campus of the University Mumbai, Kalina, Santacruz (E), Mumbai -400 098
11th – 13th September,2013
The three days international seminar will include seven academic sessions and separate inaugural and valedictory sessions.
Objective of the Seminar:
- To examine and understand the impact of neo-liberal reforms in agrarian sector in objective and historical perspective
- To suggest measures to minimize the effect on poor peasants and agricultural workers condition
Prospective Participants :
- Participants belonging to different areas of interest and experience from different states of India and few scholars and activists worked on, and familiar with the theme from China, United States, UK, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Ethiopia and Sri lanka, Russia, Indonesia , the Czech Republican Ethiopia
- Teachers and students of university of Mumbai and scholars, activists and eminent journalists having expertise on the themes of the session/s of the seminar are other prospective participants.
- Eminent scholars/ intellectual- activists having expertise in the areas of the proposed theme of the seminar are also will be attending the inaugural speech, key note address and valedictory session.
For further details visit : http://www.mu.ac.in/arts/social_science/Civics_Politics/seminaralgerian.pdf