This annual essay contest is organized by The Goi Peace Foundation in an effort to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from the young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
*This program is an activity of the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on Education for Sustainable Development (ESD).
“Learning from Nature”
- Modern civilization has developed through controlling nature and exploiting its resources.
- At the same time, we human beings are part of the natural world, and nature has many things to teach us.
- Scientists, philosophers, poets, and artists have all found inspiration in nature.
- What can we learn from nature, and how can we make use of that learning for the future?
- Please describe your ideas, including your own observations and experiences.
Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2017) in one of the following age categories:
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
Entries must be received by June 15, 2017 (23:59 your local time).
The following awards will be given in the Children’s category and Youth category respectively:
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$880 as of Feb 2017) and gift … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$440 as of Feb 2017) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
- Honourable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
Certificates and gifts will be mailed to the winners in December 2017.
SEND YOUR ENTRIES TO:
International Essay Contest c/o The Goi Peace Foundation
1-4-5 Hirakawacho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 102-0093 Japan
The Goi Peace Foundation
the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology of Japan
Japanese National Commission for UNESCO, Japan Private High School Federation
Tokyo Metropolitan Board of Education, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, Nikkei Inc.
FELISSIMO CORPORATION, SEIKO HOLDINGS CORPORATION