This full day training program is aimed at private practice lawyers and corporate counsel committed to drafting top quality legal contracts which would operate effectively on a global level. The highly competitive international business environment demands the best contracts for smooth and profitable operation.
Be it Employment Contracts, Shareholder’s Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement, Asset Purchase Agreement or Memorandum of Understanding, it is essential to protect your clients’ interests by ensuring a well-drafted and negotiated contract.
English contract law is widely used in international transactions across a variety of jurisdictions, particularly where the deal involves parties based in India, the Middle East, Singapore Hong Kong, China or Russia. It is flexible, adaptable and practical when dealing with rapidly evolving technology, markets and financial structures, yet its principles are clear and well-established. English contract law allows parties to set out obligations and allocate risk in a way that will be consistently interpreted and enforced by courts and arbitral tribunals.
This course will examine in detail, the practical drafting techniques, legal principles, language, and negotiating points to keep in mind while drafting a contract. Using practical case studies based on recent transactions, it will guide you through the whole process from Heads of Terms to completion, performance and enforcement of the contract.
DATE: 12th September 2013
VENUE: Tango Hall, Taj – Ambassador, Subramania Bharti Marg, New Delhi
YOU WILL LEARN POWERFUL TECHNIQUES FOR:
- Planning, organising and structuring your agreements
- Making your legal writing clearer and more persuasive, and
- Securing the best possible outcome for your clients Specific issues include:
- Governing law and jurisdiction clauses – how do you ensure that they govern the whole commercial relationship?
- Warranties, representations and indemnities – what are the differences, and why do they matter
- Guarantees and performance bonds – how do you ensure that they will work?
- Liquidated damages and limitations on liability – what are the rules
WHO SHOULD ATTEND? This is a course specifically designed for:
- In house counsels
- LLM Students
- Company Secretaries
- Contract Managers
- LPO/KPO professionals
- Final year LLB students about to enter practice
PRICE: Rs. 9000/- (Cost inclusive of all taxes, the training and study materials, refreshments and stationeries)
For more details and BROCHURE, visit HERE.
Mr. Vishnu Prasad
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Priyanka Dhar
Email: [email protected]
Brindaben, 4 – Devapalan Nagar,
Masjid Road, Peroorkada,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695005