This annual event of ILS Law College is based on the theme Current Issues in Land Laws.
It is scheduled to be held on 8th and 9th February,2014.
This annual Conference is one of the three events we organise in the memory of Prof. S. P. Sathe, former Principal of ILS Law College, and a renowned expert in constitutional and administrative law. This Conference is organized to commemorate the contribution of Professor S.P. Sathe to Indian Jurisprudence and Social Action and to encourage academic pursuit of law students. The other events are the National Moot Court Competition, and a Memorial Lecture.
Date: 8th and 9th February, 2014
Theme: Current Issues in Land Laws.
- Rehabilitation and resettlement schemes, and their implementation in acquisition of land.
- Land Records – Rights and entitlements.
- Socio- legal issues in land acquisition.
- Land ownership, fraudulent transfers, land grabbing.
- Role of the State in assuring fair transactions in land dealings.
- Right to fair compensation for land acquisition and other land schemes.
This Conference will feature panel discussions among top industry experts, practitioners and academicians. Invited authors will present papers. Invited papers will be considered for publication in ILS Law Review, 2014.
CALL FOR PAPERS
We invite individually authored research papers from :-
- Students of 2nd, 3rd , 4th and 5th year of a five-year law course
- Students of 2nd and 3rd year of a three-year law course
- Masters’ and PhD students
- Members of Faculty
- Legal Practitioners
Authors must submit an abstract of not more than 300 words. You can mail your abstracts to us on or before 21December 2013 at [email protected].
If your abstract is selected, we will notify you by e-mail on or before 25December, 2013, and will invite you to present your papers at the Conference. You must register for the Conference once notified. Last date for submitting invited papers is 20January, 2014. Hard copy of paper must be submitted on arrival. You must submit only original and unpublished papers.
Whether your abstract is selected or not, you may still attend the Conference.
Important Note: Papers by multiple authors will not be considered.
Format of Abstract and Paper:
- Soft copy (A4 Size)
- MSWord (2000-2007)
- Font: Times New Roman; Size: 12 for Text, 10 for Footnotes.
- Line Spacing: 1.5 for Text, Single for Footnotes
- Word limit (including footnotes and bibliography): 300 for Abstract, 3000-7500 for Paper.
- Mode of citation: OSCOLA
||5 December, 2013|
||21 December, 2013|
||21 December, 2013|
||25 December, 2013|
||20 January, 2014|
||8 February 2014|
Fees and Registration:
You can register in any of the following ways
- Fill the form below and submit form and fees in the College Office.
- Online Registration Procedure via www.tinyurl.com/satheform2014 (We recommend: before starting online registration, you will need the number of your Demand Draft, or the Unique Transaction Reference of the NEFT payment)
Fees for the Conference:
You can pay fees as follows:
|Electronic Fund Transfer (NEFT)||Account Name: Principal ILS Law College; Account No: 490084060;
Type: Current; Bank Name: Indian Bank; IFSC: IDIB000D007;
Branch: Deccan Gymkhana; Branch Code: 324.
|Demand Draft||DD in the name: “Principal ILS Law College Pune” payable at Pune.|
|Cash Payment||Cash Payments to be made at Cash counter in the College Office during office hours.|
Important: We request you to arrange payment before you fill the registration form.
We will not reimburse expenses for travel and accommodation.
|Address:||ILS Law College, Pune
Law College Road,
Pune – 411004, Maharashtra
|Contact:||Organising Committee:Nikita Chacko: +91-9503249309Sneha Visakha: +91-9405035006|