MAMA HOPE mission, founded in 2006, aims to improve communities across the world. there are enough resources in the world for every human being to live healthy, happy lives the vision is a world where resources are correctly shared across the globe to provide the tools communities need to thrive and purpose is to work in close partnership with local African organizations to fund the completion of schools, health clinics, children’s centers, clean water systems and food security projects that improve the health and economic standing of the entire community.
The Global Advocate Program, formerly called the First Fifth Institute, is a competitive, professional training corps that achieves the mission of Mama Hope through first-hand project development. Global Advocates participate in a carefully constructed program that provides instructional career training, real leadership opportunity and hands-on experience that organizations find so valuable.
The nine month training is built around three, 3 month phases:
- US Training and Fundraising
- In-Country Field Experience and Project Execution
- US Program Management and Evaluation.
Who can apply :
1. At least 21 years of age
2. Must have a passport
3. Stable health conditions
1. $ 10,000 pay to each global advocate.
2. Tuition, plane flight cost to Africa, 3 month stay in Africa including housing, meals, transportation.
3. In country training including language and cultural lessons and excursions, 3 month U.S. training program including all materials, seminars and 3 day training workshop in San Francisco.
Official website: http://www.mamahope.org/global-advocates/