Saksharta Sadvidya Educational and Social Society is a Non-Profit Organization in Bediya, District Khargone, Madhya Pradesh, registered under the Madhya Pradesh Society Act of 1973. Bediya is a small town 90kms from the city of Indore. A socially backward place with fewer opportunities for educating children, Bediya lacks resources for quality education. Sadvidya is an initiative by compassionate students of National Law University Odisha, striving to fulfill the void in the town by providing quality education to young and talented students who aspire to achieve larger goals in life. The aim of Sadvidya is not limited to providing quality education to the children, but it also dreams to make it a place of peace and prosperity for its residents. Sadvidya aspires to start legal-aid centres to help people in distress and provide them with legal help and advice.
About The Event
Every human being is not equal in the society, the inequality can be by birth in form of deprivation due to physical disabilities or by social status. The speakers of the event are forbearers of social change and have tried to bring equality in society. The objective is to discuss the peculiar social issues to relinquish the society and bring equality to the maximum possible extent.
The event is envisioned to come up with solutions via discussion with great social reformers, who have brought about significant changes in the social status of human race in the country. Finally, to guide the young minds or more aptly the future of the Nation to develop a better society.
Brewing Young Minds
Date: 3rd December 2017
Time: 2:00PM – 7:45PM
Place of Event: Delhi, India
Venue: Will be notified later
- Tiffany Brar: Tiffany Brar is an Indian community service worker who has been blind since childhood. She is the founder of the Jyothirgamaya Foundation, a non-profit organization whose stated mission is to help blind people in all spheres of life to gain the skills needed for a successful and smooth existence.
- Venkatesh Nayak: Venkatesh Nayak is the Coordinator of the Access to Information Programme and is presently a key public training resource on Right to Information across South Asia, Africa & the Caribbean at Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative, New Delhi.
- Guru Prakash: He is pursuing his Ph.D. in Law from the University of Delhi and is national president for the youth outreach programme of the Dalit Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DICCI).
- P.M. Nair: Dr. P.M. Nair is the director of Research on Human Trafficking in India at Tata Institute of Social Sciences. He has been working against human trafficking for 37 years.
- Preeti Pratishruti Dash: Preeti is a social justice lawyer working at Centre for Death Penalty, National Law University Delhi.
To Register Click Here
Registration Fees: 1. Students – 250/- INR
2. Academicians/Lawyers/Scholars/Professionals – 450/- INR
Last Date to register: 28th November 2017
All the attendees shall be given a participation certificate and high tea with the speakers
Priyam Jain (Founder & Managing Director, Sadvidya): (+91) 9437705584
Kirtika Goyal (Co-Founder): (+91) 9458957134
Email id: [email protected]
For Further Details: Click Here