SURANA & SURANA INTERNATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION
ON CRIMINAL LAW
THE CENTRE FOR ADVANCED STUDIES IN CRIMINAL LAW (CASCL)
AT RAJIV GANDHI NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF LAW, PUNJAB
IN COLLABORATION WITH SURANA & SURANA INTERNATIONAL ATTORNEYS, CHENNAI
THEME: JUVENILES AND THE CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
SUB THEMES (ILLUSTRATIVE, NOT EXHAUSTIVE):
- Juveniles and the Death Penalty
- A critical appraisal of the Juvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Act, 2015
- Sentencing and Punishment of Juveniles
- Rehabilitation of Juvenile Offenders
- Sealing Juvenile Court Records
- Alternatives to Incarceration
- Juvenile Probation
Eligibility: The Competition is open to the students who are pursuing their B.A.LLB./LL.M./Ph.D./M.Phil. or any other Undergraduate or Master courses (other than Law) in any university across the World.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Only one submission is allowed per author. (Submissions both as co-author and single will be treated as multiple submissions. In case of such submissions the single submission will be rejected and disqualified as an entry to the competition)
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors is permitted. In case of co-authorship, separate Registration Fee must be paid for each author.
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest elsewhere. Moreover, any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of essay.
- Identification mark must not be found in any part of essay.
- Registration form is to be sent along with essay. The registration form must be signed and sealed by the Head of Institution / University. (Available in download form on RGNUL website). In case of unavailability of the head of the institution any senior faculty may sign the same. Or you may send the scanned copy of your Identity Card.
- Selected papers will be published in the form of an edited book with an ISBN No. The list of these selected papers will be displayed on the RGNUL Website. Author(s) of the selected essay will be given a consolation prize of 1000/- each along with the certificate of publications (except the top three Winners of the competition).
- Best Research Paper – Rs.25,000/-
- Second Best Research Paper – Rs.15,000/-
- Third Best Research Paper – Rs.10,000/-
- Certificate of Participation will be awarded to all participants.
Deadline for submission: 5th January, 2018
Declaration of Results: 15th February, 2018
Contact Information: [email protected]
For more details, download brochure: here