Learn about social, economic, and political liberalism and its impact on India in the spheres of sports, cinema, economics, and politics from experts including Dr. Sanjeev Sanyal (Principal Economic Advisor, Government of India), Joy Bhattacharya (former Team Director, Kolkata Knight Riders), Dr. Sudhir Krishnaswamy (VC, NLSIU Bengaluru), Dr JP Narayan (Ex-IAS) and many more.
MOOC on Liberalism in India: Battle of Ideologies, is an attempt by the Centre for Civil Society (CCS) and The Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) to give you an understanding of liberal values in a structured manner.
This is the first attempt of its kind and includes perspectives on different aspects of liberal values such as social, political, cultural and economic.
This course will provide you with:
- A systematic and deeper understanding of the fundamentals of liberal values;
- Understanding of philosophical foundations that shape ideologies which reflect the course of political action;
- Ability to apply liberal values in different aspects of life such as personal, social, economic, and political etc;
- Ability to rationalize, synthesize and articulate ideas and actions from a liberal perspective;
- Understanding the role of a state and rights of citizens from a liberal perspective;
- Understanding of foundations, evolution, and future of liberalism in India;
- Ability to understand the impact of controlled/liberalized economy with reference to nationalization, license permit quota system, and collective farming;
- Identifying visible changes in Indian cinema and sports with a change in economic management; and
- Understanding policy ecosystem impacting life and livelihood of citizens.
The course is divided into five comprehensive modules each with its own assessments. The overall engagement duration is roughly 25-30 hours which can be self-paced over the duration of the course.
Admissions open, enroll now: https://eacademy.ccs.in/learn/liberalisminIndia