The Law, Governance and Development Initiative of Azim Premji University, Bangalore is holding its Second International Conference on Law, Governance and Development. The annual Conference aims to create a forum for academic enquiry and debate on law and its relationship to governance and development.
Date: 2nd – 3rd August, 2013
This year we explore empirical and theoretical questions of the right to welfare with a particular focus on the statutory rights to education, food and work in India. The Conference is organized around a set of original research contributions, made available to all the participants prior to the Conference.
The theme for this year’s Conference is ‘Right to Welfare: Education, Food and Work’.
- The relationship between law and development with specific regard to rights to welfare
- Statutory rights-based approach to welfare
- Nature of statutory rights and obligations under the RTE Act 2009,, The NREG Act, 2005 and the Food Security Bill, 2011
- The role of courts in recognition of rights
- The role of courts in enforcement of rights
- Implementation of statutory rights
Call for Papers:
Contributions are invited from scholars, graduate and post-graduate students and lawyers involved with studying statutory rights to welfare in India (particularly the rights to education, food and work).
Please submit details of name, institution, email address, paper title and a 200-300 word abstract to [email protected] by 25th June, 2013. The last date for submission of the final paper is 25th July, 2013.
Law Governance and Development Initiative
6th floor, Azim Premji University,
PES School of Engineering Campus,
Pixel Park, B Block, Electronics City,
Hosur Road (Beside NICE Road)
Bangalore – 560100
Email: [email protected]