Department of Sociology, Banaras Hindu University in collaboration with the Indian Council of Social Science Research, New Delhi is going to organize a ten days “Workshop on Research Methodology Course in Social Sciences for SC Research Scholars” from 19th to 28th September, 2014.This workshop is designed to impart knowledge on ResearchMethodology in the context of qualitative and quantitative research along-with training in advancedStatistical packages across the various fields of Social Sciences. The workshop predominantly follows the Research Methodology Syllabus designed by the ICSSR New Delhi.
Objective of the Workshop
- Preparation of research proposal – giving basic training how to conceive a sound research Proposal.
- Field work training.
- Data Processing and analysis – techniques – how to read the data and how to interpret the data, etc.
- Preparation of the report – how to write the final research report, etc.
- Skill on Imparting SPSS.
- Writing Workshop to prepare the participants to publish papers in journals.
Eligibility of the Participants:
Candidates who are Research Scholars in any branch of Social Sciences are eligible to apply on the prescribed format. Selected candidates would be informed by 31August 2014 by mail/ telephonic.
How to apply:
Interested candidates can apply to Course Coordinator along with duly filled up registration form on before 25th August, 2014. Registration form can also be downloaded from the University website www.bhu.ac.in. Advanced copy of application may be send to the Course Coordinator of the Workshop through mail/hand. Such application should be followed by hard copy of the application along with registration form. In case of non-availability of outstation SC applicants, local SC applicants will be considered.
The duly filled in registration form must be accompanied with the following enclosures:
- Community Certificate for SC Certificate;
- A brief note about his/her thesis and its progress;
- A brief write up about the reasons for his/her participation in the workshop (maximum 500 words).
- Duly attested photographs.
Registration fee for the participants is Nil.
Time & Venue of the Workshop:
The Workshop will be conducted during 19th to 28th September, 2014. The Lecture presentations are scheduled in three sessions. The workshop will be organized at the Conference Hall of Faculty of Social Sciences, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner will be provided at the Venue.
Accommodation & Travel Allowance:
Accommodation will be provided to the outstation participants. Travel allowance by shortest Distance bus or train (sleeper class) will be reimbursed to the outstation participants as per ICSSR guidelines.
Venue: Conference Hall of Faculty of Social Sciences , Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi.
Period of Training: 19th to 28th September, 2014.
For more information please contact:
Dr. Om Prakash Bharatiya
Course Coordinator & Associate Professor,
Dept. of Sociology, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi – 221005.
Mobile: + 91 9415934894
Email: [email protected].
- The last Date for receipt of the application: 25th August, 2014
- The selected candidate would be intimated by31st August, 2014 through e-mail/telephone
- The organiser deserves the right for scrutiny and selection of the candidates based on above mentioned criteria.
Find the official invitation HERE