The International Conference on “Identity and the Politics of Security, Sovereignty and the Challenges of World Politics” is being organized by Centre for Foreign Policy and Security Studies, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar in Collaboration with The Jadavpur Association of International Relations (JAIR) on 15th & 16th September 2018.
We invite papers on each of the below-mentioned themes. Contributions are expected to explore the philosophical significance of the questions emerging within the scope of each theme. However, good quality papers not falling under any of the below-mentioned themes are also welcome. Papers are invited from Policy analysts, researchers from academics and civil society, young scholars and students.
- Authors are advised to limit their contributions to 4500-6000 words. Papers should be prepared for blind review, and send along with the 300-words abstract on or before 10 April 2018.
- The papers may be sent to [email protected].
- Conference Themes:
- Security and strategic significance of South East Asia
- India’s security challenges
- Neighbours Major Powers and Indian Foreign Policy: Search for multiple dimensions
- Delinking ‘conditions’ from bilateral negotiations
- Persistent insecurity: lessons unlearned
- Security threats Challenges and vulnerabilities
- Contours of India’s Grand Strategy
- A top sheet of the paper must contain the following information and affixed to each contribution:
- Title of the Paper
- Author’s Name(s) 3. Designation and Institutional Affiliation
- E-mail ID.
- This Word file should be saved in the name of the author (first author’s name in case of joint authors).
- Registration Fee: Early Bird (Till 10 April 2018)
- Delegate (with accommodation): Rs. 2500/-
- Delegate (without accommodation): Rs 1000/-
Participants should send their Registration Fees after the acceptance of abstracts by Crossed Demand Draft in favor of the Registrar, Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar. (Please write your name and the title of the conference on the reverse side of the draft)
- Venue and Hospitality: The Organizing Committee will provide hospitality including breakfast, lunch, tea, and dinner (on the days of the seminar). Accommodation will be arranged by the committee for which prior information must be provided well in advance in the format given in the Registration form.
- A local sightseeing tour of Sabarmati Ashram can be arranged for the outstation participants on 16th September 2018 for which the participants would have to bear the costs themselves.
- Bursary: Based on the recommendations of the Screening committee a limited number of bursaries (Rs.3000/- only) would be awarded to selected participants who submit their full papers by 10th April 2018.
- Important Dates:
- Last date for sending abstract (as an email attachment): 10 April 2018
- Intimation of acceptance of abstract after scrutiny: 12 April 2018
- Last date of registration (DD with registration form): 10 May 2018
- Last date for sending full papers: 20 June 2018
- Address for Correspondence: The Convener Centre for Foreign Policy and Security Studies Gujarat National Law University, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Sub-Post Office Koba, Koba, Gandhinagar- 382 426
- Contact: [email protected]com