Ambedkar University Delhi is conducting the Young Researchers’ Conference titled Beyond the icon: Ambedkar’s legacy for our times on 23rd February 2018.
The conference hopes to address a range of questions and issues such as:
- What does it take to understand marginality? What is the place of minorities in our society?
- How can we merge theory and praxis so that enlightened thought informs our daily choices?
- Faith, knowledge and society: implications of Ambedkar’s conversation with Buddhism.
- Creative and intellectual endeavour as activism: Dalit writing, media and society, alternative aesthetics
- Ways to tackle social prejudice without mythologizing or appropriating Ambedkar
- Education and social transformation
- Law and democracy
- Economics, development and social justice: labour rights, women’s empowerment, etc.
Venue: Ambedkar University Delhi (Kashmere Gate Campus)
Abstracts for papers in English or Hindi of up to 200 words in MLA format should be submitted by 15th January 2018 with a short bio note mentioning your name, affiliation, contact details, research interests, etc.
Candidates whose abstracts are selected will be informed by 22nd Jan. As this is a conference for local participants, we won’t be able to offer remuneration for travel and accommodation.
Brief entries (not more than 10 minutes each) for a session comprising readings, performative presentations and creative work will also be considered.
Download Official Notice