Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been a pioneer institution of India in legal education. It was established in 1921. The real architect behind its establishment was Prof. R.U. Singh who with great zeal and enthusiasm organized teaching and research in the faculty in a systematic way. He held the office of Dean, Faculty of Law till 1956.
He also structured the Law Faculty of Delhi and Banaras Hindu University (BHU). The distinction goes to him that he drafted the Constitution of Nepal. As a tribute to this great personality and a part of our academic commitment, we are proud to announce Dr. R.U. Singh Memorial National Legal Article Writing Competition 2017.
The Dr. R.U. Singh Memorial National Legal Article Writing Competition 2017 is an academically-led article writing competition, which aims to accept and review high quality research work from students all over India on the themes/topics hereunder provided.
Themes for the competition are-
1) Triple Talaq and Uniform Civil Code
2) Minorities and Constitutional Government
3) International Law & Policies of Trump’s Government: A Critical Appraisal
4) Judicial Hierarchy & Federal Government: An appraisal
5) Is judiciary really independant
Note:- Students have to write the article only on the following themes.
Students pursuing LL.B. (3 Years or 5 Years Courses)/ LL.M. course from any recognized University or College can participate in the competition. Students of Lucknow University and affiliated colleges are also eligible for participation.
No Registration fee is to be paid by the participants.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
1) The Essay must be written in English
2) Only one essay per participant may be submitted. Multiple or incomplete submissions
will lead to disqualification.
3) Co-Authorship is permitted only up to two authors.
4) The Students who have made a solo entry and as a co-author also will be treated as
multiple entries and it will lead to rejection of the second submission. The entry
which is received first will be entertained.
5) Only original essays will be considered for the competition. No part of it should have
been published earlier nor should it be under consideration for publication or a contest
elsewhere. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
6) Identification mark must not be found in any part of the essay.
1) Word Limit- 1500 to 5000 words
2) Submissions should be in MS Word file format
3) The essays must be typed in Times New Roman font, size 12 with 1.5 lines spacing
and footnoting may be done in Times New Roman font, size 10 with line spacing 1.0.
4) The citation must be strictly in accordance with the Harvard Blue Book Citation style,
All submissions shall be made to [email protected] in soft copy in the prescribed
manner along with details of participants on the front page.
The deadline for submissions is 20th September 2017. No submissions made after that shall be accepted.
PRIZES & REWARDS
1st prize (Certificate of merit)
2nd prize (Certificate of merit)
3rd prize (Certificate of merit)
Consolation upto 10 (Certificates of appreciation)
Certificate of Participation to all the participants
In case of any queries, send an email to [email protected]
Prof. S.P. SINGH
University of Lucknow
Prof. RAKESH KUMAR SINGH
Head & Dean Advocate High Court
Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow
Shri SURYAMANI SINGH ROYEKWAR
Dr. ASHISH KUMAR SRIVASTAVA
Assistant Professor Faculty of Law
SAKSHAM AGARWAL (LL.B. Hons.)
SHREET RAJ JAISWAL (LL.B. Hons.)