Hon’ble Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri. Devendra Fadnavis has launched a drive to rope in young graduates in the administration. The objective is to gain from youthful energy, passion of technology and fresh perspectives of the youth. In return, the Fellows earn valuable experience of working within the government.
The Chief Ministers Fellowship Program is designed to provide valuable experience to youth interested in social development sector. This program is designed to cultivate young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the public administration and prepare them for greater leadership roles in future.
The Chief Minister Fellowship program offers a unique opportunity to work with Government. It enables meaningful participation in policy making, execution, monitoring and evaluation of programs. It provides opportunities to visit various knowledge institutions in the state. Interactions with legends in industry, art, literature, journalism, entertainment make the fellowship a rarest experience.
The Chief Minister Fellowship will help the Fellows in their career later. The program provides opportunities for professional growth and learning. It equips fellows for higher education in policy, governance, management, etc. It gives an added advantage for public or private sector careers.
To apply for Chief Minister Fellowship 2017, the eligibility criteria are as follows:
- The candidate has to be in age group 21 to 26 years, on 1st April 2017 (that is youth having birthdate between 02/04/91 to 01/04/96, inclusive of both days).
- Candidate should be graduate with first class from any discipline. Candidate with relevant PG degree or professional diploma would have an added advantage.
- Candidate should have work experience of minimum 1 year. Full time internship or articleship or apprenticeship as part of professional courses will be considered as experience.
- Candidate should have basic proficiency in Marathi language, ability to work on computer and internet.
- The position of Fellows will be equivalent to that of Grade – A officer in the government service.
- Fellows will be provided I Card and Email ID for official purpose during the period of fellowship.
- Fellows will be paid Rs. 35,000 per month towards the stipend. Lump sum amount of Rs. 5,000 will be paid every month towards travel and related expenses.
- Fellows are entitled for 10 days of leave during the period of fellowship.
- Fellows will be provided with accidental insurance cover during the period of fellowship.
- Fellows successfully completing fellowship of 11 months will be awarded with a Certificate.
Application and Selection:
To apply for the Programme, click here.
For the Selection process, an online exam would be conducted, the details of which would be notified to the applicants through e-mail.
|Online Application||5 June 2017 to 15 June 2017|
|Online examination||2 July 2017|
|Declaration of list of shortlisted candidates||5 July 2017|
|Submission of essays by shortlisted candidates||5 July 2017, 11 am to 10 July 2017, 5 pm|
|Interviews of shortlisted candidates||18 to 24 July 2017|
|Declaration of final result||26 July 2017|
For further details, click here.