The Stockholm Declaration recognized that man is a part of nature, and life depends on it. U. Thant, the then secretary General, United Nations, in Stockholm Conference appealed “Like or not, we are travelling together on a common planet and we have no national alternative but to work together, to make an environment in which we and our children can live a full and peaceful life”.
The present seminar focuses on global and national environmental laws and policies in analyzing the need of different countries to manage and control the bio-diversity, climate change, water and air pollution, land degradation, the depletion of ozone layer and persistent organic pollutants etc. for sustainable development.
- Call for Papers
Research Papers/Articles and Case Studies from legal fraternity are invited for presentation in the National Seminar. Communication of acceptance will be sent to authors for presentation. Co-authorship is allowed, but each author is required to register and pay the registration fee individually.
– The Seminar will focus on following Issues/ Sub-themes:
- Environmental Law- Principles and Policies in India
- Global Warming, Climate Change and Depletion of Ozone Layer
- Environmental Protection and Sustainable Development: Indian Legal Perspective
- Green Economy, Poverty Eradication and Human Resource Development
- Technological Advancement and Environment Degradation
- Protecting the Marine Environment: Role of Environmental Law and Policy
- Biodiversity and Natural Resources at Global and National level
- Protection of Flora and Fauna: National Scenario
- Environmental Issues and Dispute Resolution Mechanism
- Public Participation for Enforcement of Environmental Laws in India
- Environment and the Role of Supreme Court of India
Above identified issues /sub-themes are only illustrative. Participants may select the related topics covered under the main theme.
– Important Dates
- Last date for Abstract Submission: March 15, 2018
- Last Date for Communication of Acceptance of Abstract: March 18, 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Full Paper: March 25, 2018
– Submission Guidelines
- The submission shall consist of an abstract and full paper.
- An abstract shall not be more than 300 words excluding title and keywords.
- The length of the paper should not exceed 3000 words.
- Footnotes must conform to the authoritative standard, rules of legal citation and must include a description of each authority adequate enough to be understood by a reader.
- The abstract and full-length paper must include Title, Author(s) Name & Designation, Name of the institution of the researcher, Mob. No. and e-mail address.
- Paper should be submitted in MS Word format with the subject “National Seminar on Emerging Issues Relating to Environmental Laws: National Perspectives”.
- Cover-page must contain name, nationality, e-mail, contact number, and name of the college/university along with the address of the participants.
- In case of co-authorship, the covering letter should include details of all the authors.
- Submission of abstract and full paper must be made to [email protected]
Delegates must submit the hard copy of his/her paper on the day of seminar, at registration desk.
– The paper should be in the following format: Font Type: Times New Roman, Font Size: 12, Line Spacing: 1.5, Foot Note Size: 10
- Anshuman Sahoo: 7895194740
- Tarun Kumar: 7060471943
- Basuki Nath Pandey: 7060471936
- Ashish Kumar Rai: 9918473419