The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is organizing its annual two-day National Conference on Economics of Competition Law on 5-6 April, 2018* in New Delhi.
This conference aims to:
- Stimulate research and debate on contemporary issues in the field of economics of competition law
- Develop a better understanding of competition issues relevant to the Indian context
- Draw inferences for implementation of competition law in India
The conference targets economists including scholars, practitioners and competition agency officials with a keen interest in competition regulation.
- Market definition, measuring market power and abuse of dominance
- Vertical restraints and competition
- Horizontal agreements and cartelization
- Economics of platform markets and challenges for antitrust enforcement
- Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Law
- Price and non-price effects of mergers
- Any other issues related to competition policy and law
Submission of papers:
A 500-word abstract of the paper including research questions, methodology and expected results along with one-page curriculum vitae and professional contact details should be submitted initially.
Authors of selected abstracts will then be invited to submit full papers.
Depending on the quality of submissions, some papers may be considered for publication by the CCI. Given the limited time available for presentation at the conference, some exceptional papers not selected for presentation may be considered for inclusion in the publication or the electronic compendium to be placed on the CCI website.
Deserving speakers may be considered for financial support.
- Last date of submission of abstracts – 15th August 2017 2300 hrs IST
- Review, Selection and intimation – 15th September 2017
- Last date for submission of full papers – 15th December 2017
- Review and Finalization of papers – by 15th January 2018
- Conference dates – 5-6 April 2018
Submission and queries:
Abstracts along with CV may be sent to [email protected] Requests for further information or any other queries may also be sent to this email id.
* National Conference on Economics of Competition Law, an annual event of the CCI, is normally organized on the first Thursday and Friday of March every year. However, in 2018, the first Thursday of March being Holi, a national festival and holiday, the Conference is being organized in the first week of April.
For further details, click here.