Madras School of Social Work publishes Journal of Madras School of Social Work (JMSSW) (ISSN – 0975-4040). JMSSW is a half-yearly, double blind peer-reviewed journal in the field of Social work and Social Sciences
- Refereed journal with ISSN
- Timely publication
- Good interface between author and the journal editor
- Platform for academicians, Research Scholars and practitioners to contribute research papers and advanced conceptual papers for consideration for publication
- For further details contact: [email protected]
The guidelines for submission are given below:
- Thematic papers or articles based on research work in social work and social science subjects are welcome. Up to two authors per manuscript is permitted
- Manuscripts should be in English and typed in MS-Word with double line spacing on one side of A4 size paper, with one-inch margin on all sides. Two hard copies and one soft copy (on a CD) should be submitted. The articles may be sent to the Editor, JMSSW, Madras School of Social Work, 32 Casa Major Road, Egmore, Chennai – 8.
- The first page of the article is the cover page. The Cover page of the article should include the title of the article (in not more than 12 words), the author (s)’ name (s) and the identification details of the authors – Designation, Institution, Postal Address, Contact Phone Number and Email. It should also contain the Declaration by the author (s) that the paper is original and that it has neither been accepted for publication/published elsewhere and nor has been submitted for consideration for publication in any other journal.
- The second page of the article should commence with the title, and present the abstract, keywords and the main text. The author’s name or any other identification details should not appear anywhere else in the manuscript. This document should have page numbers.
- The length of the article should be between 3500 – 5000 words. Each article should have an abstract of 200 words maximum. The manuscript should be well proof-read.
- References for both printed and electronic sources should be given at the end of the article. References should be in APA (American Psychological Association) format or the IJSW (Indian Journal of Social Work) format.
- Copyrighted material should be used with appropriate permission.
- Once published, the copyright of the article is vested with the Madras School of Social Work.
- The editorial board reserves the right to accept or reject or request for modifications and resubmission of the manuscript sent in for publication. The manuscripts will be subject to double-blind peer-review.